heater won't go to floor - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 3rd Gen. Dodge Cummins 03-07 Common Rail Forums > 3rd Gen. Non-Powertrain
3rd Gen. Non-Powertrain Discussion of 3rd Gen Topics Not related to the Powertrain...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2009, 08:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
heater won't go to floor

My brother-in-laws 03 will blow heat everywhere but the floor. Any ideas what could be wrong?
gwhammy is online now   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2009, 08:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
I have the same problem, as well as the fan speed is only high or low. I think it is the heat/ac controller it self. I have ordered one off ebay, keep you posted when it arrives
Old 01-25-2009, 08:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
"MR. ESAFO TO YOU!!"

iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwhammy View Post
My brother-in-laws 03 will blow heat everywhere but the floor. Any ideas what could be wrong?
turn switch to floor section!! . common problem, blockage in the flapper. could b a mice nest or even something smaller. or the floor damper is busted. pull the underneath out from the dash, you'll see the tubes. ggod luck!!
Old 01-25-2009, 10:30 AM   #4 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
I had the same problem. Mine fell under warranty though, and they had to re-calibrate the heater system. Not sure exactly what that meant, but the damper as well as the blower worked fine afterwards. Took about a half hour, to do, and I will call my guy and find out more about it.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:11 AM   #5 (permalink)

There are 4 sets of doors for the hvac unit in you truck. I say sets because some operations such as defrost have 2 small doors instead of one larger one such as the floor vent will have. These have electric actuators instead of vaccum. Either the actuator went out or little plastic door stop tabs broke(which is usually what happens) Since you have no heat in the floor, your floor door is where the problem is. Sometimes the connector from door to actuator strips out also. You cannot get to this under the dash. The complete duct assembly must be pulled from dash. Here is a link that will give you some info HVAC removed and understood! - Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums
rooster108bm is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2009, 06:25 AM   #6 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
WOW, it's amazing how complicated they can make something simple be. I wonder how hard this unit is to remove and replace?
gwhammy is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2009, 07:59 AM   #7 (permalink)
"MR. ESAFO TO YOU!!"

iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster108bm View Post
There are 4 sets of doors for the hvac unit in you truck. I say sets because some operations such as defrost have 2 small doors instead of one larger one such as the floor vent will have. These have electric actuators instead of vaccum. Either the actuator went out or little plastic door stop tabs broke(which is usually what happens) Since you have no heat in the floor, your floor door is where the problem is. Sometimes the connector from door to actuator strips out also. You cannot get to this under the dash. The complete duct assembly must be pulled from dash. Here is a link that will give you some info HVAC removed and understood! - Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums
DAM boy, u just ruined his day!!! that's a crock of SH-T!! hey i was hoping it was as easy as the old day's. my suggestion, put your setting on mid range (face & hands), turn it up higher!!!! good luck!!
Old 01-26-2009, 08:20 AM   #8 (permalink)
BC Chapter President

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster108bm View Post
Good post!
(I just hope I never have to do that job)

Fisherguy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2009, 09:33 AM   #9 (permalink)
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
My 2nd gen will go defrost only on very cold days. Other than that it switches fine.
98 2500,4x4auto,48re vb,billet single,shift kit+, Killer B, 4" ss,#10 ff,4gsk,.024s, 5x.014, BHAF,16* gauges,WVO, B164 bypass 2004.5 3500, SRW, FASS WVO, B164 bypass, Edge@1 Sold 96 2500 eclb 3gsk
MotorCityMadman is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2009, 05:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

There is a TSB for the 03s, very common for the doors to break on these. Have seen it on some newer trucks as well. My 03 is the same way.
03HO, 6spd, 5in stacks, BHAF/Cool Hose, Smarty/EZ, AD150, 3250DD, HTT62/71, Fluidampr, Isspro EGT-FP-Boost & Quad RP, Leveled...06, LBZ, Transgo Jr, 6" lift, 6in stacks, Edge Race, Raptor...07, LBZ, 7in Lift, 35s, Banks 6gun, traction bars
Semicrazy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2009, 09:16 AM   #11 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

The mode door is not working right! My 03 has the same problem The servo connected to the door is stripped. The servo turns but the door does not move. Adding to the problems is that the door has to pivot up to block off the defrost. Since the servo connection is stripped and the fan is blowing air at the same time, the door does not move because the air blowing is keepin the door in the down position which blocks off the floor vents. I got luck this year in that I got my door to block off defrost and I have not moved the knob or turned the system off and I do not plan on either until the weather gets warmer, because if you do you will never get it back. God I love is dodge
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.