Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Balljoint question guys

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Benyo 
#1 ·
My upper left or passenger side ball joint has a fair amount of slop in it. But every thing else is tight. There is no weird tire wear or loose steering. I'm rolling up on 140,000 all stock front end except steering box staibilizer. What's y'all's suggestions

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#2 ·
Its hard to say, depends how you keep your truck, For example I have more miles than you but had the same issue, i ended up replacing everything that moves in the front(except for gears and gear bearings) because to do ball joints you have to pull the axles so i did wheel bearings, ujoints , ball joints and steering just cuz it was loose and i was already in there, that being said its cost money :) so its up to you if you want to go back in in 20,000 miles to replace a bearing, or a Ujoint, possibly

#4 ·
start buying parts, one each payday. front u joints, ball joints, bearing assemblies, break pads.

#5 ·
I think I like your idea joe just get it all together and do everything first chance down the rd. ok now I no I want Carli ball joints spicer u joint blisten 5100 shocks but what about bearings (sks) and also tie rod ends

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#6 ·
I'm going to do Ball Joints, U Joints, Brake Pads at same time
I'm not sure if wheel bearings are also required - looking for recommendations on replacement.

What else should be done at the same time? I am hoping to save a bit of money and do the steering linkage upgrades afterwards..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.