Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Replaced fuse box, truck honks now

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Ramcummins5.9 
#1 ·
So i replaced my fuse box a while back and now every time my door is open and the truck is in gear it honks.. its really annoying for backing up to trailers or sometimes it will do it as i pull my door handle while putting it in park.. Any fix for this? i didn't have time to replace it myself so the shop that did it said a bunch of wires were disconnected and cut, so they rewired it.

#2 ·
thats the way it is supposed to work, they put it back after previous owner probably cut it off. Yeh it's annoying.
The seat belt turns it off, should be two wires going to the buckle, jump them, truck will think you ares still buckled up

#6 ·
That works everytime, 60 percent of the time. I Have that done and every one and a while it still spooks the shat out of me lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#9 ·
Don't know why, the circut is working because it affects the light on the dash but makes no difference to the honking while in gear with the door open. Mine honks with it by-passed, with the seat belt done up or undone, maybe they changed something between mine (built in 03) and the 06's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.