Cummins Diesel Forum banner

New leather seats installed in my Laramie

3K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  Sir_Clintock 
#1 · (Edited)
Ordered my seats about three weeks ago from Leatherseats.com. They turned out really nice. I did the 2 tone with light grey and graphite with blue double contrast stitching. Went with the STR8-6 logo . Took about 8 hours to complete it all.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Those are pretty nice how much did the whole set run ya?

#7 ·
They were 1250.00 for the premium leather, perforated centers, double contrast stitching, and the custom steering wheel wrap. I have not attempted that yet.

#8 ·
Nice might look into that in the future.

#11 ·
They look a lot more comfy than stock ones. Are they stuffed with more cushion perhaps? Did you have the heater in the stock ones too? Nice job!

#12 ·
They are a lot more comfy than the stock. I ordered them and installed myself. It would be faster to pull out all the seats to do it. Center console is a mother to do. I took a knife and just cut the old stuff off. Much easier. They do have a little more cushion added than the stock. They are pretty much like the old seats which cover the seat foam. They don't just slip over the old seat. Stock fabric or leather in my case has to be removed. Mine does have the heated seats and I didn't really have to mess with those except for the drivers seat. I replaced the foam since it was worn down on that side.

#19 ·
I'd love to add leather to my truck, yours looks good. I helped a buddy do seat covers on his 67 Cornet RT years ago. It helped to take them out and do them in the sun on a warmer day. His were all held in place with hog rings, I don't know if they still use those or not.

#20 ·
They do not use hog rings. If you look under your seats there are plastic pieces sewn into the leather. These pieces connect to your seat frames. Much faster. These are much more comfy than the original leather.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.