Cummins Diesel Forum banner

LED Install Q

914 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Gunny Fitz 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I know due to the finicky canbus system the dodges use installing LED's usually means you have to wire in a resistor to trick the system. I was just wondering if anyone has installed LED bulbs in the cab lights.

I want to try to use a 194 base amber or white LED bulb and use vht niteshade to darken my cab lights. I figured Id try this before dropping on $100 for recon or pacer smoked lights with the potential for them to leak like Ive read alot about on this site.

Any thoughts??

Thanks!

#2 · (Edited)
i got some from superbrightled.com and they work great and are almost to bright they hurt your eyes if you look right at them and they were like 6 bucks each

#3 ·
I just took the stock ones out and plugged LED bulbs right in and they all work perfect! I never thought you were able to do it that simple but sure enough I now have LED in both map lights and the dome. Matter of fact I honestly think they may be TOO bright for me! LOL.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.