Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1/4 mile times on stock truck

21K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  Otto91 
#1 ·
So I took the dodge down to edgewater (the local drag strip) just to see what she had in a mostly stock form. By that I mean all stock except for programming and exhaust ha. But I ran a 14.5. Just curious what Kind of numbers you guys are seeing!

Killing my phone battery surfing the forums instead of working

#2 ·
Really nobody has ran their truck?

#6 ·
I did 14.37 at 95.7 with just smarty SW7, exhaust, intake. 14.5 ain't bad at all. What was your launch method? Switch from the edge and I bet it picks up.

#7 ·
I did 17.9 on a 6 spd with a missed 4th gear shift. Then a 23.5@58 on sw9 :hehe::shock::rof stock clutch wasn't playing ball......lol

#8 · (Edited)
Not really stock.. But here is mine with smarty, built trans and a 66. The week prior I ran it with a stock turbo and ran the same. 13.1 @ 102

drag strip run

I wanna say I ran a 13.5 with only the smarty on sw5 and nothing else.

#12 ·
I'm running efi live with a mild tune now. Just haven't been able to switch my signature yet.
My buddy has an 06 running 12.8s but it's not very stock anymore. Haha my truck gets worked from time to time but it's also fun to play on too!

#13 ·

I did this on a muffler delete and a "de-tuned" stock trans tune from the boys in Idaho with a trans that wouldn't shift if you paid it.
DA was 3166 that night
Elevation just under 2,000
Ambient temp around 70°

*Right lane*

#14 ·
Mine is more or less bone stock except for and early version of an Edge EZ and a MBRP exhaust. I have 4.10 gears and launched pretty soft in 2 wheel drive. I had several runs all around 10.2 in the 1/8 mile. This translates into a high 15 in the 1/4 mile. I think bone stock my truck wouldn't run any quicker than a low 16 in the 1/4 mile.

I'll just add I made no effort to lighten my truck for racing and had my tool box in, a mostly full tank of fuel. If I pulled the tool box, ran a lot less fuel, pulled the spare tire and jack and did a 4x4 launch, I'm sure could break into the nines in the 1/8 mile but that would be about it.

#15 ·
Sounds like my truck is running right about where everyone else is. Trying to save the trans for as long as possible ha

#16 ·
I ran a 14.6 at 96 with exhaust and Smarty on SW5, had a horrible 60' time thanks to still being on factory tires at the time, couldn't get them to hook for anything. I wish I was close to a track now so I could see how it would do with the wider street tires I have now.

One major disadvantage to being 2wd I will just have to deal with...lol makes me miss those AWD launch days of my Subaru that's for sure.

#22 ·
How would I see a gain from a built trans if I never ran mine stock? I think everyone with a stock trans knows there's a possibility for damage, but I see plenty of million dollar builds in carnage. I've yet to see a single race of any kind where every vehicle in it came out without breaking something. It's the nature of the sport. If I'm going to puke up $6k for something I'd dang sure want to see a quantifiable improvement. To each their own I guess.

#23 ·
Mileage will improv with a slight trans beef up. You don't need 6k. A few key parts will help it hold together a lot longer. Read up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.