Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Fuel Maverick or BMF Novokane

5K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  dieselhead29 
#1 ·
Looking for some opinions from anyone willing to contribute on deciding what rims to get for my 06.

I'm about to paint my truck white and am going to get either 20" Fuel Mavericks or 20" BMF Novokane. I'll be going with 0 offset on the BMF or +1 on the Fuels.

Such a tough decision because they're both so sick and both will pop with the white paint…I'd imagine that BMF is probably the better quality rim. Pricing wise they're not too far apart either.

Going to wrap them in 305/60 nitto terra grapplers.

Ugh decisions, decisions…

Thanks in advance!! :party018:

#4 ·
Forget the nittos... Terrible tire IMO... Have the nitto tg's on there now and dont like them. They seemed to allow the truck to wander more when combined with the '08.5 steering. Ditched the steering and went back to the thuren setup and whike the wandering is significantly improved, it is still there. Never had this problem with the pro comp xtreme ATs

#5 ·
Really? Now when you say TGs do you mean trail or terra? My first set of nittos were trail grapplers on my 6.7 and I had mad bump steer with it. But then again they were 37s and it had a 6" lift. I switched to terras (AT) on the next set also 37" and there was a big improvement IMO. Since then I've ran two sets of nitto terras, 305s, on my 5.9 and I have really liked them. I guess for the price they are a good value but I have heard great things about pro comps just have never treaded them because I got comfortable with Nittos. But maybe it's time to give them a shot.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#6 ·
It could be the 75 series terra grappler that i am running, maybe a lower profile tire would not have this problem. I am planning to go to a 285-70-17 next time around and may try the toyo oc at2 since the pro comp doesnt make the 285 in an E rated tire. My first set of the pro comps i bought used and were 2 weeks old, lasted me 97K miles. Pulled them off thinking they were done because of a vibration i had... Turned out the tires were fine, had a bad ball joint. Could have easily ran them another 15 k or so...

#10 · (Edited)
Ok got some pics guys. Thanks for your feedback.. Such a hard decision and still kinda thinking I shoulda went with mavericks lol :doh::doh:

Finishing some fine tuning with EFI Live this week and the wiring in an exhaust brake and then she's getting painted white :party018: really think it'll make these wheels pop

Then I also have a big beautiful aluminum driveshaft sitting in the garage that I'm gonna stick polish and throw on when she's all done :drool2:

#12 · (Edited)
I had fuels.... then it seemed like every 2nd guy in town had them, it was lame!!! the same as having rockstar rims.. couldnt be more generic. you can tell the guys that cheap out and got the tire shop special "fuel rim" for dirt cheap.

I then got the all black novakanes... see a few people in the city with them, but not many. I like them, theyre a very nice rim. high quality and anyone that knows trucks knows you didnt cheap out ;)

I still want the RBP r96 though... always have, wont stop till I get it!

#13 ·
Looks great!! See around here I don't see much of the Fuels. But they do seem to be a trendier wheel for sure. I love the -44 mavericks though. I like the death metals I got but for some reasoning I'm questioning my decision..

The r96s are sick. They look a lot like the novakane but I like the custom colors I've seen people do with them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.