Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Tail light pics

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  t_j23 
#1 ·
Need to replace my tail light housings one has a crack in it and the other has 2 screws broke off the back. Trying to figure out which ones I like the best but most pics are of non mounted light. So I would like to see what you have or who you recommend to check out.

Does anyone seel a set including 3rd brake light?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#2 ·
personally in my experience , I had a 07 1500 mega and changed the tail light to led and they were junk they worked but the platic that holds them would crack and break everytime it got cold or bummed so i retuned them got a new set same thing happen . I would stick with stock and either tint them or do lense spray if thats the look your going for and if you really wanted a led you could buy a led bulb which is what i did when i went on a light craze but the rears are not any brighter than the stocks .

#7 ·
Thanks, happy with how it is turning out. Yeah it does reverse, park, stop and signal. Btw that was supposed to say * under tailgate* ha, not thunder tailgate. The signals are just red though they don't turn amber like the Recon but my taillight signals are red anyway so it all matches. The 3rd brake light also has led cargo lights and you can get smoked or chrome in this set. I don't know on quality yet because these have a different brand on them but I had some Sonar brand tails on my 03 gasser from eBay a few years back and never had an issue with them but they were a little different style of light so time will tell. I'm just not much for having the tinted lights I like how bright these lights are, my friend is the only person I've seen get screwed over for getting rear ended and it was because the elderly people that hit him's lawyer went after his tinted taillights saying the signal was not visible and that was on a 2011 with tint so light you couldn't even tell they were different than stock. But I have seen plenty of trucks with it and at least you know the lights will work for a long time. I have had 3 3rd gens now and always changed the taillights out when the reverse light section started retaining water and making them look hazy, happened to all of them.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: backroadman81
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.