Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Popping noise when turning right

2K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  justin time 
#1 ·
I have a 2006 2500 QCSB 4x4. When I turn right I am getting a loud popping noise. It doesn't happen when sitting still. If I back out of a parking spot it will happen almost every time and it will often happen on forward right turns. I installed a new tie rod end at the pitman arm and it seems to have made it worse. Hopefully someone can push me in the right direction.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#4 ·
my money is on your track bar... the bolt backed off a bit on my 06 a couple times, kinduva PIA to get a good turn on, I can't remember exactly how i did it. But i ended up getting a shallow 12 point socket on there with a cheater. tighten it as tight as you can...

theres a bushing in there too... could be time for a new one. good luck! PM me if you have any questions.

#6 ·
My guess is one of your axle u joints

#14 ·
Turn the wheel full lock one way and put a pry bar and wiggle the shaft just behind the u joint unless it's frozen you'll see it move.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.