Cummins Diesel Forum banner

price opinion on kinda rough 07 4x4 drw qclb

653 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Joe1971 
#1 ·
There is a black 07 qclb 4x4 drw coming up for sale local to me. It needs the tranny worked over (48re), has a busted down tore up front seat, no bed, no wheel sims, and 205k on the clock. I haven't been to look at it yet so I can't tell you if it has blow by or not. Paint and body are not perfect but no rust and no major dents. I am thinking if the price is right I could make it a project for next winter and replace my 05 that I constantly grumble about. Unfortunately I don't know what the right price is. Assuming its mechanically sound other than the slush box, what is the right price? I don't care that it doesn't have a bed on it. I already have one black dually bed sitting around and don't need another. It would get a low profile service bed like what's on my 03 now.

#3 ·
Yeah I don't know about the engine. Buddy of mine runs a shop here and has an 06 tore down right now. It shattered the rings on #1 and he told me what we could rebuild one for and its stupid cheap. I looked at fire punk's website for pricing on their tow package 48re. With a bit of luck I could have it in service for not much more than that 13k number. I really like the qclb 03 I bought and it makes me want to punt my 05 even more. I don't have time to tie into this truck right now but if the money is right it could set in the corner of the shop till this next winter. It'd give us something to do when its no degrees outside.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.