Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Road armor bumper with winch mount

3K views 25 replies 8 participants last post by  macko300exc 
#1 ·
When I bought my truck it already had a road armor bumper with a warn 15000lb winch. The winch is too big for the bumper on the passenger side the bumper is not lining up and the grille is cut out on the bottom for the remote plug in. Anyone know of any fixes or want tl trade winches

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#2 ·
What do you mean not lining up? is the bumper not attached properly due to the winch?
I will tell ya, with the weight of our trucks, I would love a 15k pound winch, so what if you have to cut your grill a little bit, if anyone questions you about it just ask em, wheres your 15k pound winch? Id gladly cut my grill to make room for that winch

#6 ·
Dang that's ugly. Not the truck, but the bumper and winch install... I'd get a winch that fits (usually 12ks fit well). Then off to Flea Bay to get a new $100 grill assembly.

#8 ·
My mount holes on my road rhino bumper (same as road armor) are slotted. I had to readjust the fitment after I smoked a deer at 60. I bet you can loosen it up and adjust it back to fit. As for the hole I'd leave it. Like K9Kodi said, it's a 15k# winch I'd keep it

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#9 ·
Pulling up the manuals and break down on the warn page it looks like the plastic control box is bolted onto the winch body. If you wanted to extend the wires, you could in theory, mount the control box anywhere you wanted to

#11 ·
drop the drivers side to match the passenger side :thumbsup:

#13 ·
ewww, that is a pretty ugly looking contraption

What model of winch is it? 99% of them you can spin or remote mount the relay pack

Either way, your screwed if the winch itself is too large to allow the bumper to line up correctly.

Personally i wouldnt put anything less than a 15k winch on these pigs if you ever plan on actually using it. even a 15k needs a snatchblock/double line pull if you actually get the pig stuck LOL

#15 ·
sorry i must have missed something...

the M15 is too large to allow you to adjust the bumper correctly, how do you figure the 16.5ti is going to help? Its a hair larger in diameter than the M15

i would ditch the bumper for something that had enough thought put into it to allow a large frame winch to fit properly...

#19 ·
do you have any fabbing ability, if not, take it to a shop or find a buddy who can alter your bumper to fit your winch. Id move mountains to have that winch

#20 ·
I bought a road rhino wiy kit. From what I hear it's almost the same bumper. I mounted a warn 16.5ti on mine. I added 2" of material around the whole bumper so the winch could fit. I have a thread somewhere on here.

#26 ·
If you are askinh me about my setup with the warn 16.5ti. the freespool knob is on the passenger side; i was able to rotate the housing 180 degrees to put it on the bottom so that i could close the top of the bumper with plate steel. same thing with the solenoid pack, rotated the housing 180 degrees to get it to work. i thought of moving the 4 relays under the hood, but i didnt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.