Cummins Diesel Forum banner

What is this? (Pictures)

3K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  dieselhead29 
#1 · (Edited)
Anyone have any idea what this could be. I found it the other day while I was under the hood of my truck. This comes off the main wiring harness from the fire wall. It is near the drivers side battery. Don't know if you can tell from the pics, but the wire is broken and it looks like it had something else over it. I had some work done on my truck recently and I'm sure they broke it. My truck is not giving off any error codes. Thanks!!!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
BLACK SMOKE BRO 69,...That sounds right. A very well known 4X4/Offroad Company had replaced the Hydro Booster on my truck. Once I picked up the truck, later that evening my brakes started to lock up. By the time I got it back to the same shop the next day, they couldn't figure out what was wrong. Needless to say they had to replace to calipers and the rotors. I don't know what other work they did specifically, but the truck seems fine now. I'm going to have to take a look under the hood this afternoon after work. Thanks for your input.

Reactions: SilverFox66
#7 ·
Thanks fellas, I'll keep you all posted.

#9 ·
So I took a look at it last night and sure enough. It IS the sensor that goes into the Brake Fluid Reservoir. I've been looking online and cannot seem to find that sensor specifically for my truck. The stealership wants $235.00 since they only sell the Master Brake Cylinder, Reservoir and Sensor all together. If anyone can direct me to a part #, I would greatly appreciate it. Another forum on here mentions part #Airtex 5S1206, but I cannot find it for my specific vehicle.

Reactions: dieselhead29
#11 ·
Cant you just stick it back in the hole?

When my Truck gets home I'll look

#12 ·
Lol, it's broken off and it's hard to tell from the pics, but part of the circuit board is broken also. Any suggestions?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.