Cummins Diesel Forum banner

p2509 code

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Bruck 
#1 ·
hey guys i had a p2509 code come up as powerdown data memory lost. replaced the batteries and checked all grounds and wires going to computer. cleared the code. worked great for a week then randomly dead again with the code showing:banghead: could this be a computer problem or what should i look for next. thanks

#5 ·
Had issue with this from the time I got my truck in 2009 until last year. Truck would would lose power but would come right back. Usually would happen once a winter (it only happened when cold out) until winter of 12-13 then happened several times. Had all things checked out and after a lot of searching it ended up being ECM. Not saying that's it, but that was it for me.

#8 ·
After a new TIPM and ABS module they were running out of places to look and narrowed it to the ECM. The original quote for the TIPM and abs sensor was all they charged me for ($1500) but I believe the ECM would have been over $1000. They had had my truck for a while and they were very perplexed and the mechanic had not encountered this before so it was kind of like on the job education. I was pretty fortunate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.