Cummins Diesel Forum banner

No cruise control

992 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Ducks300 
#1 ·
Hey I am new to the forum. I have an 06 2500 5.9. I was on the highway today and went to set my cruise control for the first time. I pressed the on button and the cruise light comes on. But when I press set nothing happens. I already unhooked my battery and tried resetting everything and nothing happened. Any help would be appreciated.

#2 ·
#4 ·
That is what I was under the impression of as well, it may be but I am not sure. I don't have my truck at home to go take a look since I have an '05, but it is at least a starting point to springboard off of. I know a code can be thrown for cruise circuit over voltage if the condition exists for 5 seconds, and from what I read through that thread the vacuum pump (if equipped) isn't driven by the motor but electrically since all it would control is throttle pedal when activated and maybe some HVAC. And being able to push the button, have cruise illuminate, but not actually work, there could be a small vacuum system that does that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.