Cummins Diesel Forum banner

E-Brake cable Not adjustable ??????

2K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  SilverFox66 
#1 ·
just replaced the left rear e-brake cable, only to learn that the cable from the pedal back must have gotten stretched and there are no adjustments for this. I have adjusted the brakes with the star wheel so that is all good. Looks like the only fix for this is to replace the front cable.
Any tricks for this issue or do I just replace the cable?

#3 ·
Mine does not have that but that does give me an idea I could cut the cable, loop both ends with cable clamps then put a turn buckle on it.

#4 ·
Where the left rear cable meets the rights rear cable there is an adjuster. But all this adjuster does is make the left and right cables the same length. The cable from the from goes to either the left or right rear wheel. Then another cable branches off at the adjuster and goes to the other wheel. I quess you can call the adjuster a synchronizer

#5 ·
Yes that is what I found out today and was disappointed that there are no other adjustment locations. The front cable from the pedal back is too loose and there is no way to adjust it all that can be done it replace it or put a turn buckle in it so it can be adjusted

#8 ·
My 05 has no overall adjustment AFAIK. Just the balancer adjustment.

#9 ·
Thank you ... at least I know mine is not the only one. Guess I will be ordering a new cable

#11 ·
My old 60 chevy had a adjuster on it. Just seems crazy our trucks have nothing to compensate for stretched cables other than replace them. Oh well guess it is what it is.

#12 ·
my 2006 has a adjuster, follow the cable, its farther forward under the fuel fill area. drivers side.

#17 ·
:agree2: thats where mine is :thumbsup:

#14 ·
no I dont think so, this is on a single cable, and took the slop out and tightened up the pedal, and now my parking brake works.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.