Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Is this why my clearance lights don't work?

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  purplepig 
#1 ·
06 2500 I bought it used so I don't know the background, but I am pretty sure the lights are factory installed. It doesn't look like the PO did anything to the truck.

See less See more
#2 ·
Yes. That should be where they get power. But PO could have done some weird stuff.

#3 ·
Possibly.

The clearance lights are on plug C206 according to the 2006 manual. One figure shows it on the right side of the cab. The other figure shows it running down the Dside pillar.

Do you have clearance lights on the truck now? Any wiring harness up underneath the headliner?

#5 ·
Yes I have the lights on the truck. I think they are factory installed based on the fact that it doesn't look like the PO made any mods. I guess the next step is to pull the headliner and look for a harness? Should there be a plug up there that goes to the plug on the pillar?

#6 · (Edited)
Yeah, the lamp harness should have 5 bulbs/sockets and the harness should plug into the pillar connector.

Like I said, C206 in one diagram shows on the Pside (just the little connector like you have in your photo. But the second diagram shows the harness coming down the Dside pillar. Could be Dodge runs it down the Pside even though the manual says otherwise. My plug on my '06 qc is on the Pside pillar like yours is. I do not have clearance lights on my truck.

#7 ·
2500 do not come with cab lights, only the 3500. So unless they forgot to hook them up, maybe it was only for looks???:confused013:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.