Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Lowest set up to clear 20x12 and 35s

6K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  koondawg 
#1 ·
I'm currently running 20x12 rockstars and 33x13 trail grapplers with a 2" leveling kit and minor trimming. I run 35s and 20x12s on all my other trucks so I want to do the same on my 06 to keep it simple when it comes time to buy tires. So far, the smallest lift I've seen anyone run to clear these wheels and tires is 4". However, that's with a stock bumper. Do you think the set up below would clear?

3" level kit/ coils
1" longer control arms (adjustable)
Road rhino front bumper for more clearance
1" taller rear blocks
Firestone air bags to prevent sag when towing

Also, would I need an adjustable track bar or bracket, or drop pitman arm? If money wasn't an issue I would just buy a Carli or Thuren set up but I can't swing that at the moment.

#2 ·
That's sounds almost identical to my set up, just with a 1" spacer over the 3" coils. I went Carli Leveling kit, TGC control arms, 1.5" rear block and ride rights. Havent touched the bumper.....yet....

Also went with an adjustable track bar to recenter the axle, that much lift and new parts under the truck, its dumb not to throw one in!!!!

#3 ·
Are you rubbing anywhere? I like the idea of the spacer over the coils so I can try it with just the coils then if it rubs I can add the spacer.

#6 ·
Do you have any pics of you truck? I've also been thinking about 22x10.5 BMF SOTA wheels since they have less offset but still look deep dish

#10 ·
if it helps I rub very slightly on a bump at full lock at the pinch weld with a 6" short arm lift. Otherwise nothing at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.