Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Help - Electrical Failures

692 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  JakeDiesel 
#1 ·
Recently my rear passenger taillights stopped working. I thought it might have been a wire that came loose, but that was not the case. I followed the wire all the way up to the fuse box with an electrical tester, and it was dead at the fuse box.
Checked all my fuses, none were burnt out. It didn't make any sense.
Now my passenger power window only works part of the time. My left turn signal flasher pattern is messed up. It works fine, then has pauses. And I now have an airbag light that likes to pop up on my dash and go away every couple minutes.

I found some rat s##t underneath my drivers seat. And I'm thinking they must have chewed up some wires under my hood and I might have a short in my TPCM or whatever the computer in my fuse box is called. I couldn't find any damage to my wiring in the cab.

My truck has complete 06 wiring in it, since I traded absolutely everything when I did my G56 swap.

If anyone could tell me what it could be, either than chewed up wires, that'd be great.

Thanks
Markus

See less See more
#2 ·
I does sound like you TIPM. But the fact that you have that many problems going, I would start looking at more wires, make sure everything is good. Look at the connection on the back to TIPM make sure they good and clean and tight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.