Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Recon Lights Suck !

4K views 27 replies 21 participants last post by  H3LZSN1P3R 
#1 ·
These Recon lights are pure garbage ! I have a set for my 3500 Dually. All the fender marker lights have fallen apart. The wires have all broken either on the connectors or at the base of the light. Pure chinese junk ! They are 4 months out of warranty and Recon won't stand behind them at all. Very poor company ! Be aware !

#2 ·
mine light only half the road from what my stockers did and the cutoff line sucks!

#3 ·
Hmm. I don't have any headlights from them but everything else i have has been fantastic without any issues whatsoever. Hard to believe they didn't warranty them either. Pretty shocked to read this for sure.

#4 ·
^^^^^My experience is pretty much the same as Gunny's but I feel for the OP and the issues he's having. You buy stuff and you expect it to perform and the company that sells it to stand behind it.

#10 ·
I have roof marker lights and out of I have the same problem only 2 or 3 work they also all always full of condensation' on the other hand my dually marker lights all work perfectly. What other options do we have for aftermarket lights I have not found much

#11 ·
I agree in have their Halo projector headlights and LED tail lights and they are both junk, one taillight is out that is "out of warranty" and both of my headlights are completely hazy, all the clear coat or something has peeled off of them! oh and they are "out of warranty" also...up yours Recon, I will never be guilty of paying for overpriced junk again!

#13 ·
Yet more owners who fell victim to the "let's buy cool headlights" bug. If you did your research you would've found their headlights are nothing more than garbage eBay halogen projectors marked up a few hundred dollars. For the money everyone spends on recon lights you could've done a proper HID retrofit that mimics the light output of TLs, G37s, AMGs, LS460s, etc.

And the other option is to get creative and do it yourself vs. buying drop-in garbage lol

#15 ·
I can say I have had recon brand stuff and eBay Chinese stuff and have had the Chinese eBay products outlast the recons on 2 occasions now. For 1/4 the price you are getting a better deal. I would buy 4 sets of eBays before 1 set of recons. My new headlights on my 06 have a perfect projection when using a 2 1/2" drop at 25 feet, my stock lights won't hold a candle to them. Don't go with "you get what you pay for" in this case I'm not too sure they don't all come from the same factory anyway

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#16 ·
I have the smoked cab lights had one go out checked with meter had juice bought another lit up like it should. They are turning kinda grey due to Sun damage and are always full of condensation even permatexed the heck out of them. I also have the smoked led tail lights and 3rd brake no issues besides the fitment isn't as tight as I would like but no one notices (or says anything) but ever since I put them in I get 4 normal turn signal flashes then it goes off like a strobe light every time left or right 4ways are fine. And for some reason the 3rd brake light now flashes when brake is on instead of staying constant kind of annoying but has not failed inspection

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#17 ·
Recons are the same thing as eBay lights. They all come from the same factory in china, wholesell it to company's in us and they market it for whatever price they want. I buy the cheapest eBay tail lights I can find which is between $130-$170 then take them apart and paint the whole inside whatever color I want and re-seal them. They have lasted a year now with no LEDs out or fogging up. And look a lot better than recons any day.

As for headlights it's the same thing. I buy mirimoto projector kits which come with projector, shroud, hid kit, and halo. All for $320, then take apart headlight and it's a simple drop in projector just in your stock light.

In my experience eBay is your friend because you can always find cheaper stuff, which will always be the same stuff you find from actual companys. Another thing to watch out for is led light bars, blows my mind how much people are selling these things for and how much they're really worth.

#20 ·
Well said info here. And I agree...the markup on "light bars" is absolutely ridiculous. One company charging $800 for a 50" bar when another company is charging $550 when you can get one just like it on eBay for $200. Nothing but greed in the light bar market these days lol

#18 ·
Back when I got a bunch of products from them for my half ton a few years ago they had great quality. Now they've gone to buying Chinese parts and marking the price up.

#21 ·
Damn guys! You seriously dont pull punches do you?
I must say that all my Recon gear has been absolutely fantastic and without any flaws whatsoever. Im not as adept at wiring than most people and just needed a hand installing some of them but I personally think they look outstanding and operate just fine. I mentioned it before, but I truly think if you called the owner of the company and calmly explained your issues you may get some favorable results in return, no?
Just thought id throw in my comments to try and defuse how hot you all are. Are you now saying "F*** that Gunny im pissed and tried talking with them!" Lol.
Sorry to be the odd man out. Maybe its cause I was Marine infantry and worked close w the Recon studs? :)

#22 ·
Lol, search on here or on Google and you'll find Cummins owners and owners of various other makes/models of vehicles that have been expressing their distaste for recon and their pitiful customer service for about the past 3 years

#23 ·
My Recon Gear

I obviously realize that different folks have had bad experiences with their Recon items and just can't believe things were not covered by the warranty or that the Company didn't make some sort of amends?

I posted this thread today of my Recon items and photos as well.

Diesel Performance, Parts, Accessories & Wheels - DieselOPS

It goes without saying about anything in life, I will give someone the benefit of the doubt until I am crossed or done wrong. So far so good with mine, but obviously they are new!

#24 ·
DO NOT purchase junk from Recon, their motto is Get Lit...........more like Get Robbed or Get Scammed by china junk and bad customer service.

The sales "manager" Ryan was aware of the problem I have with my light but they still have the junk advertised for my year truck......SCAMMER.

Do yourself a favor and do not purchase from RECON they are a CON job.

#27 ·
I'll back-up @beerhunter, I got burnt with some of their crap years ago....RECONsider buying anything from them.

Reactions: krs
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.