Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Fuel guage a little screwy

601 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  orfirefighter71 
#1 ·
Just picked up my new to me truck knowing that the fuel guage doesnt work properly. The previous owner even took it to the dealership to try and get it fixed before I purchased it but ran out of time. Here is a list of things done so far to try and correct this issue.
1. replaced fuel level unit in tank
2. checked all connections
3. ECM flashed by dealership, shows that ECM and fuel guage are properly communicating.

Right now if I fill the tank the most it will read on the fuel guage is half tank then after a few miles it starts to drop kinda quickly until it reaches empty. Ive done some reading on the forums but I cant get an exact answer as to what It could be. I know that the unit in the tank is one with a pump on it and have read that there is a canister style one that should be ran if you have an aftermarket lift pump?:confused013: Im really thinking its the sending unit?:confused013: or could it be something else?:confused013: Thanks for any help fellas. :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.