Cummins Diesel Forum banner

axle u joint job

836 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Shorthorn 
#1 ·
Hey Yall,

Started Tearing Down The Truck Last Night To Do U Joints On The Front Axle. I Noticed The Ones On The Truck Have Grease Zirks... Am I Right To Believe The Have Been Changed Before?

so Far It Is Going Smooth Except I Had A Hell Of A Time Getting The Bolts That Hold The Hub Bearing On Loose.. Had To Use A cheater pipe 3' Long To Break The Loose And Even OnCe I Broke It Loose I Needed The Cheater Pipe To Turn The Back! Not A Good Sign For How The Bearing Is Gonna Come Out!

I Should Be Trying Out My Snap-On Hub Removal Tool Tonight... I Hope It Works Well!

Ps... Why The Hell Does It Keep Capitalizing The First Letter Of Every Word?

#5 ·
Thanks Yall,

Was Able To Spend A Few Hours Last Night On The Truck... The Snap-On Hub Tool Is Awesome By The Way! Going To Try Replacing The U-Joints Tonight.

Really The Worst Part Was Getting The 4 Bolts Out That Hold The Hub On.... Had To Use A Breaker Bar And 3 Ft Cheater Pipe All The Way Out! Dont Know Why, Almost Seems Like Someone Tried To Put Std Bolys Into The Metric Holes Maybe?

CaN Anyone Give Some Pointers On How To Disconnect The Abs Wire? I Slid The Red Lock Up, But It Wont Budge... Is There Another Lock On It Somewhere?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.