Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Best M/Ts

2K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  Smourj21 
#1 ·
Soon ill be getting some tires and wheels, probably 20" fuel hostages. I had some Nitto Trail Grapplers on my F150 and they wore pretty well, but i realize it is lighter than my dodge. Most of the reviews ive read on the Toyo Open Country M/Ts and by most i mean at least 90% have all been positive, lots of people say they got 40k, 50k or more out of them as a daily driver. I have seen a couple people say they had a bad experience and didnt get many miles at all out of them. Everyone else had good experience with the Toyo M/Ts and/or what other M/Ts have good tread life.

#2 ·
#3 ·
I have the toyos like them so far but might get Nitto trail grapplers or duratracs next.

Oh I'd really reconsider the 20s, my Truck know me with them and I sold them and got 18s more meat on my tire is more important that than bug wheels after all its a truck.

that being said do what makes you happy

#4 ·
Toyos get my vote as well for being the best MT. They are durable, wear well on the road, and have plenty of grip. The cooper MT is also a pretty good option as it's almost identical to the Toyo MT just with the lugs in the opposite pattern.

#5 ·
Another positive for toyo mt. 50k on 38/13.50/18s; D rated no less. I replaced them with toyo 37/13.50/17/E. I had BFG KM2 for about 5k and I swear could see significant wear weekly, looked like they wouldn't make 15k, sold 'em quick.

#6 ·
Toyo MT's I bought my first set of35's in 2008. i just replaced them last month. I probably could have made it most of the summer on the old ones but i had the cash now to replace them. 60K out of the ole Toyos Just make sure to get a Load Range E

#9 ·
Seems to me like Toyos as expected. Ill be getting E rated. I saw Fuel came out with some tires, they look good but the last thing i wanna do is get untested tires.

#10 ·
Toyos are the only m/t I would ever run I had 40 k and several burn outs/ 2wd boosted launches

#14 ·
I've had both. The Hostages in chrome and the Mavericks in black/machined (in my avatar). I prefer the Mavericks for ease of cleaning... The hole in the middle of each of the "spokes" of the Hostages was really hard to keep clean with the chrome wheels. The Mavericks are much easier to keep clean!

#16 ·
i have cooper MT and i like them alot. as far as hostage's or mavericks, i have the mavericks and love them. i have read a lot of bad reviews on the chrome hostage's pitting real bad in like 3 or 4 months

#17 · (Edited)
Toyo's have always been my go too. I made the mistake of putting Nitto trail grapplers on my duramax about 5 years ago and they lasted about 30k as opposed to the 50-60k I get out of every set of Toyo's.

In stock at
http://www.treaddepot.com/tire/360240.html

#18 · (Edited)
Yeah, I saw them in stick at Rimzone as well. These would be the Mavericks. at first I kinda thought they looked to "street" like they should be used on low profiles, but the more I see them with a 35" tire I like them. But I still love the hostages.

http://www.elementwheels.com/prodimages/fuelmaverickblk.jpg

#19 ·
Ive had the Gear 726mb on my truck for a few years now and they still clean up like brand new. They have a huge lip and with the -19 only stick out about 2 inches which is just enough to be sexy.

20x9 Gear 726MB 726MB-2106819

#20 ·
I got mine through 4wheelparts.com cheapest i could find. Ordered them last month.They tried calling me the day after i placed the order to tell me they were on nation wide back order for 4-6 weeks. The day after that, i got an email saying they were shipping out.

So i dont know whats up with the back order but i have mine on my truck already

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.