Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Finally found a Cummins

1K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  kpries 
#1 · (Edited)
After owning a 1500 for the last 7 years, I finally found a Cummins. I just picked her up last weekend and so far I'm thrilled. It's a 2006 2500 QCSB 4x4 Big Horn with 84k miles. It has a few mods on it, but nothing crazy. So far, it has these: Banks Ram Air CAI, a Magnaflow muffler, airbags in the back, leveling kit in the front, steering box brace, and 2010+ tie-rods. It recently had the ball joints replaced as well, with OEM ones I believe. Everything else is stock. I'm going to start with all of the basic mods first, mostly stuff for longevity...mostly

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
I paid $30k for it. Seems high compared to searching across the country, but around here that's the norm. It is in fantastic shape, the guy who had it definitely babied it.

#7 ·
Congrats beautiful truck!

Reactions: cdolberg
#10 ·
That's just how it is around here! There are too many people driving Priuses and Teslas around here and not enough trucks. So the market is small. There are a few dealers in the area that are asking $35k+ for the same truck. I've been looking since December and this was the first really clean one I could find. I've seen others that were a little cheaper but there was either some kind of an issue, or they were already modded. I wanted something clean and stock-ish that I could customize the way I wanted. Also, not having to worry if the previous owner thought every green light meant race time is nice.

#12 ·
Ya I paid 31k for mine with 89k about a year ago. Lowest mileage 'best' deal I could find from a dealer without driving across the country.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.