Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Ordered Fiberwerx fenders and bedsides

58K views 64 replies 26 participants last post by  Broaner 
#1 ·
Hey guys just looking for some advice or tips on installing the bedsides. The front fenders are easy to figure out but Ive never used a spot weld remover tool or anything before. For the bedsides is it as simple as removing spot welds and the stock fenders with come off? And then just throw on the glass, fit it, and throw some hardware in it?

Any help would be great!!!!

#2 ·
I was looking into doing this since my wheel wells are rusting. Keep us updated on the install. I believe you will have to drill all the spot welds along bed rails and around taillights along with the ones at the front of bed. You will have to extend the rod supports in the wheel wells and the fuel fill neck as well.Interested to see how taillights fit up.

#3 ·
Can't wait to see. Shame they don't make rocker panels. Would be great for rust control.

#6 ·
Please report back on the quality, fit, and how difficult it was. If you could snap a few pics along the way that would be awesome!

#8 ·
No problem guys I'll let you know. My front fenders should be here in a week or so. I'll get started on removing the factory bedsides in a few days.

#12 ·
Quality was good on mine the fit, meh...the fab guy had to do a bit more to make them flush with the new bumper. Here are some pictures from my thread "33-37" in the dually section.

Starting out...

Attachments

#13 ·
After some adjustment.

Attachments

#14 ·
Front Fiberwerx fenders completed. Rear custom fenders completed.

They have worked out great since putting these on. True that it took a bit to make them fit however I really like them.

If you have any other questions pm me and I will get you in contact with the outfit that did my work.

Attachments

Reactions: cmanz28
#17 ·
Anklh, looks like it was a lot of work, but man it came out nice- Quick question for you, what kind of front bumper do you have? I like it a lot-

Reactions: Anklh
#18 ·
Thank you for the compliments. The front is a Fusion bumper that I had custom cut-outs made to fit my various LED and HID lights.

#20 ·
I imagine the dually fenders were pretty easy to do. Im anxious to see how much a PITA doing the whole bedside replacement on the single wheel.

#21 ·
hope you have a lot of patience cuz it takes a while to get it all to align right. being my first time doing body work it took my by myself 7 hours to install the bedsides correctly from start to finish. good luck man...the truck looks mean after its all said and done. :party018:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.