Cummins Diesel Forum banner

bars to get in cab

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  rdefayette 
#1 ·
the ones right next to the windshield. what do you call them? my fat a$$ just broke the top on drivers side. do i have to pull the dash to get the piece off and can you fix it with out buying a new one?

thanks for any ideals

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
You mean the oh no handle?

There's just two screws that hold it to the metal underneath. You'll see oval shaped covers above and below the handle that you can pry open with a little screwdriver. Pull those two screws and the rest of the piece just kind of tucks in along side the dash. Dash does not have to come out.

I doubt there's much fixing it, it's a single piece of molded plastic.

#5 ·
Reactions: Shane.Fowler
#7 ·
Bringing back an old thread here, but I managed to break mine as well. Unfortunately, the insert that is in the A pillar that the bolts thread into was cross threaded into the bolt, so it had to be removed. Anyone know what these are called or where I can get one?

#10 ·
bought me a brand new one, then put the repair kit on them works great on passenger side, since friends have broke them TWICE !!! holding up great now

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.