Cummins Diesel Forum banner

06 Needs Seats, a few questions.

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  westexhunt 
#1 ·
Dad and I ranch together and have 3 Dodge diesel 4x4's for the ranch. (After driving Dodge diesels since 1997 my DD is now a 2012 F350 but thats another story). He is having back problems and getting older in general so he asked me to swap him the 02 I have been working out of for the 06 single cab (better seats and better steps on the 02). Now I know what was causing his back problems. I had driven this truck on the place and short trips hauling cows etc, but not on long trips. The drivers seat in this 06 is horrible, steel showing for 12" on the left side of the driver seat and the seat back adjuster is stripped and will fold back when you mash the clutch or shift gears. It's not really comfortable enough to drive right now. Are there any other viable options for replacement besides 4th gen seats? Do I have to get a seat from another single cab or can I use the front seat from a 4 door? Small town here has no wrecking yard that handles newer vehicles, anyone know a good place to buy a 4th gen seat?

#2 ·
I've heard people like the 4th gen seats a lot. I've also heard good things about corbeau seats.

#3 ·
Assuming the cloth is OK, you can order new foam off eBay and if you do some searching on the forum there is a thread about doing a low cost repair of the lumbar support.

#4 ·
Cloth is all but gone and the internal gears that hold up the seat back are stripped out. This seat is done. I just found a grey front seat from an 03 in good shape for $50. I hope they are still there, its a whole lot better than what I have.

#5 ·
another option would be 03-05 seats....they're not as comfy as the 4th gens, but so much better than whatever they put in the 06 and up trucks. :thumbsup:

Also, where is, "around here"? Keep an eye on ebay and craigslist. :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.