Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Track Bar Fitment

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  #cummapart 
#1 ·
So where to begin...:banghead: This past Wednesday I started a front end refresh of sorts on my 2003 RCLB. Long story short it was a nightmare. I had issues with getting the bottom shock bolts. The truck was on a two post lift so I ended up dropping the entire front end and lifting the truck up so we could weld the nuts in place. I installed Energy polyurethane bushings in the control arms, new shocks, 08.5 steering and pretty much everything new. Now that everything is back together the track bar doesn't seem to be long enough it is about half the width of the bushing too short. The front end appears to be centered I've tried pulling it over with a ratchet strap and just about everything else and I can't get it to work. Anyone have any idea what I missed? :confused013:

#3 ·
Yep. 3 inches is what I'm guessing but it was already lifted when I bought it so I can't be 100% certain.

#5 ·
as the truck is lifted the track bar gets pulled farther away, the correct fix is to buy an adjustable track bar to correct this and keep the axle properly centered. you will have to fight it to get this one back in. have someone turn the steering wheel to the left, while your under there with the bolt, this should pull on the axle in the right direction so your able to put the bolt through

#8 ·
ive done it all ways mentioned, the simplest for me was to have someone turn the wheel back and forth till it pulled the axle over enough to slide the bolt in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.