Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Wipers come on at random/electrical draw

7K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  winger 
#1 ·
I have an 05 qc Lb for my work truck and every once in a while my wipers come on even with the truck off. Now i've had an electrical draw all winter, not a bad one, just drains the batteries in about 3 days. I've pulled all the fuses one buy one checking for a draw and the only thing that gets rid of the major drain is removing the FCM from the PDC. Are the wipers run off the FCM? I'm just wondering if its the wiper motor causing the draw or if my FCM is just bleeding power elsewhere.

#2 ·
Subscribed. If I already have them going on my 05, they tend to wipe "off schedule" if I hit a bump and sometimes when I'm stopped at a light, but not when driving. Would be interested to see where it's coming from.

#3 ·
There is a set of contacts/wipers (not the ones on the windshield) that tell the computer where the rotation of the assembly is. They get mucked up and don't always make contact, or while their off, break the contact and remake------why they cycle when they're off. You need to pull the wiper arms and cowl to get to the assembly open the box, clean everything good, polish the contact trails then smear everything with lithium grease, or light No.1 silicone grease, both work good. re-assemble----good to go.

#4 ·
Tried that and it didn't work, but I did just put a reman wiper motor on and its acting goofy again. I am really more concerned about my battery draw than the wipers all haywire. I have a brand new motor coming (not reman) and will see if that fixes my draw or just my wipers.

#5 ·
Well, I've been so busy, I haven't had time to get on here at all......or anywhere for that matter. But anyways, just an update I did put in the BRAND NEW wiper motor and tossed that "reman" one and my wipers are working great and no more battery draw either!:party018:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.