Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Aftermarket Radio(FM Issues)

631 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Brian_ 
#1 ·
Bought my truck a month ago and put my kenwood into it that was in my 2nd gen. The Truck already had a aftermarket pioneer in it that had the harness all mangled. Everything was criss crossed speaker wise and every other wire(harness was cut apart). I got everything all straightned out audio wise with help from a haines manual. I Mounted 6.5in 3-way sony's all around and 2 10in Kicker CVRs under the rear seats. My issue is that the FM radio sounded clear and crisp with the POS headunit that was in it before. Right now with mine the FM can't keep a clear channel and can't pick up half the others ones I could before. Now the Kenwood is fine because FM worked perfectly in my 2nd gen and in the Blazer I had it in. Are the antennas on the 3rd gens powered or some special ground wire?

#2 ·
I don't remember seeing anything special with my headunit when i put a new one in. But i also had radio problems and it ended up being the connection between the antenna and radio.

#3 ·
it has one of those antenna converter things to make it fit the slot on normal hu's

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.