Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Vibration at 60 mph

5K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Landscapetechniques 
#1 ·
Deployed for six months and when I came back I had a vibration in the front end and a lot of bump steer. Changed out two tie rod ends, aligned the wheels and had the tires balanced. Still have a vibration around 60 mph that diminishes by 65. What else could it be and what is the easiest way to check ball joints, track bar, or anything else down there? Could it be a flat spot in the tires and how could I check for that?

#2 ·
Did the truck move at all in the 6 months you were gone?

It could have flat spots in the tires, though they tend to disappear after a bit.

First time I lost the transmission in my truck it sat for 6 weeks straight and I could feel the flatspots from it sitting. Took a week or so of driving and they were gone.

#4 ·
Moved about once per month when my wife would drive it. So thought I would have minimal issues but you never know with tires nowadays.

I can't feel any looseness when pushing sideways on the tires so I think the ball joints are tight. Could the axle u joints cause this kind of vibration. Could the front driveshaft? I gotta be honest, I don't know how many times the front cardon joint has been greased.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#3 ·
Maybe rotate tires to rear and maybe notice difference... Check ball joints then..
Track bar on mine you can push the truck to the side and watch the bushings move.. Wouldn't think it's that bar on 06 tho... I know many 06,s with nuckle u joints bad tho.. Let me know if you find out. I'm interested to know this one. Good luck

#6 ·
Sounds like the tires to me what kind of tires like mud grip tires or an aggressive all terrain tire will flat spot pretty fast we have that problem with a ford l9000 water truck we have it will do it after only a month or 2 it will usually go away after a little driving

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.