Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Cant see interior lights/to dim

765 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  55_Cans 
#1 · (Edited)
I just bought a 06 3500 4x4, drove it home from the dealership at night for the first time and turn on the lights and.... low and behold the lights on the heater controls, switches are barely readable because the lights are so dim and this is with the dimmer switch all the way up! The gauge cluster was good and very bright, everything else bad though.

Curious has anyone replaced the bulbs with something brighter or found a problem that led to select items being less bright than the gauge cluster?? Its so bad I need to turn on the cab light to see the heater functions and window switches.

Also what control's are supposed to light up? Some are not lit but I dont know if they are supposed to?
-heater (dim)
-4x4 control (not lit?)
-air bag key switch (not lit?)
-foot pedal adjustment (not lit?)
-cup holder light (dim)
-mirror controls (not lit?)
-window controls (dim)
-door lock (not lit?)
-Gauge cluster (dim)

Not sure if there is anything I am missing...
-aftermarket stereo not hooked up to dimmer

See less See more
#3 ·
What trim package do you have? Slt? Laramie? May help in getting more accurate answers..

You may also just have burnt out bulbs...

This will help for the bulbs in the heater control unit...

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/3...226-diy-heater-control-light-replacement.html

Some of the ones you mentioned that are not illuminating at all may not have that option, but it's easy to pull the stereo console, dash, and window control unit, and look if they're just burnt out.

Good luck man!

#4 ·
Lol. Have a flashlight I can loan you :) My dashlights are out alot more than they are on. If I didn't have a GPS I wouldn't know how fast I was driving. TIPM or cluster issue - maybe your's will solve more easily by changing a bulb or two. Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.