Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Dodge vs freightliner??

5K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  CAMTEK 
#1 ·
Ok so the other day I was riding in the car with a buddy of mine. We got talking about trucks and stuff. To make a long story short, he owns a freightliner sport chassis and I have a 2005 single wheel 2500 cummins. Him and the guys at the shop all think it's a snowballs chance in hell that my truck could tow his. They even think that if I were to go crazy and build my truck that I wouldn't stand a chance. Now just to let you all know, that sport chassis has 330 hp with 1000 ft/lbs of torque. My truck has 325 stock hp and 610 ft/lbs of torque. I have low range 4 wheel drive where he only has 2 wheel drive. I'm thinking that maybe the weight distribution would be the only way I could win but I did talk a pretty big game. What do you all think? I need input!

#5 ·
There dual wheel trucks yes. You will definantly get dragged around. They use a isc 350 hp cummins. The 2 wheel drives weigh right around 14,000 lbs and the 4wheel drives weigh right around 17,000lbs.

#9 ·
Hate to break it to you, but your buddy and the guys at the shop are right. Your truck doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell. Pulling contests prove absolutely nothing in terms of power. You could have 1,000hp and you would still get dragged by that Freightliner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.