Cummins Diesel Forum banner

quick dumb question

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  04.5600 
#1 ·
Is there any difference in the short boxes between a regular cab a quad cab or a mega like the support rails under it bolt location my guess is no but figured id ask

#2 ·
shouldnt be. cant imagine dodge going through the added expense of making various short beds in various ways. a short bed is a short bed, mega bed a mega bed, long bed a long bed, etc. :thumbsup:

#3 ·
Got it figured out quad cab sort bed is 6'3" and a regular cab short bed is 6'5" idk whay but that's what it is I got one comin from fla for 750

#4 ·
really? what size is the mega cab short bed, and there are no factory 3/4 and 1 tons that are reg cab short bed anyways.

#5 · (Edited)
Yea but the half tons r and when ur lookin for just a bed its some good info to know as for the mega cab idk but I had to measure mine to c what size it was cause the guy had 2 of em one off a reg cab & one off a quad cab mine was 6'3" and with a weathergaurd tool box that bed is tiny

#6 ·
well Thats great info to have, and i dont mean to pick a fight, but with a tool box any short bed becomes tiny. The reason ill never own another short box, but in reality, 2" diff isnt going to make a difference for the use of a tool box

#7 ·
No no fight at all and belive me I know that 2 inches wldnt make a diff tool box or not just usefull info and compared to my ford short bed this thing is small

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.