Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Water Pump replacement/raido AM fix

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  USMC1188 
#1 ·
Hi all. Newbie here. Want to know how to replace the radio coax from antenna to radio in an 06 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9 Cummins. FM works but AM does not. Also some suggestions on a water pump. Both are on a 2006.5 Cummins 5.9L.
Dealer said to replace was $500 plus as front fender well must be removed. This is also the same Dodge dealer who quoted me $659 to replace a complete electric mirror on the drivers side. I found one (OEM) and paid delivered at $105. Now I am not a mechanic by far so I reviewed a film on youtube. Fifteen fifteen minutes to remove and replace entire mirror.
I don't have a lot of cash as I am a 100% disabled Vietnam Vet and have to get the water pump replaced as it took a dump yesterday. I found some OEM replacement places for $179.00.
So two questions:
1. How to replace the raido coax or get the AM part of the radio to work and
2. How hard is it to replace the water pump and any special tools needed?
Thanks for any help anyone my offer an old fart like myself. :banghead:

#5 ·
Yeah water pump is a straight up 15 min job. 2 bolts and it's sealed with a oring type gasket. Napa pumps have a good rep and are only like 69 bucks. Replace coolant with zerex go5 also available at napa
I've never seen anyone move the alternator.

The fm and am come through the same antenna. So I dunno about what's going on there.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Reactions: dixon700
#7 ·
Hardest part I thought was getting the belt off. Lol. The belt is honestly more of a pita. I just took the belt off ripped the old water pump out with the 2 bolts and stuck the new one in. Probably one of the easier jobs on our trucks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.