Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Ram built in CEL code reader not working?

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Blood 
#1 ·
Weird thing when I turn my key 3 times it used to display my codes now it just shows - - - - for about 5 seconds and then says - done -

Has anyone had this fault before? I'm thinking it could be a fuse or something stupid simple.

#2 ·
That means there are no codes to display

03 qcsb 2500 mild 48re 4x4 5.9 HO 405rwhp 820rwtq on dyno
edge jwa fass titanium 95 5" TBE
leveled on 35s

#3 ·
Ok but I have two codes through my scanner. And my cel is on

#4 ·
Dealer ECM update flashes have turned off the turn the key 3 times to read codes feature on the trucks. I think they started with the 6.7 and maybe since '06-early '07's are very similar electronics wise maybe it applies to them as well. My '05 still does it, but I think I do need to get an ECM update to try and possibly get rid of the lope I have that drives me crazy!

#5 ·
I havent had the ECM flashed cause I have a smarty, but I mean its weird. No telling man, it just doesnt wanna display stuff!

#6 ·
If I remember right the key trick wont display all codes, could be wrong though.

#7 ·
It displayed them before, but I just installed my EFI live today and had them turned off cause the Fan clutch code p0480 was confusing me, its been on forever but fan clutch works fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.