Cummins Diesel Forum banner

How Much Lift Do I Have?

2K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  Sandaholic 
#1 ·
Hello Guys,
I purchased a truck and I am unsure of the amount of lift that it has, I was hoping that somebody could let me know. I took measurements today.
The measurements are from the ground.
To Bottom of the back bumper-26 1/2 inches
To top of rear wheel well- 43 1/2 inches
To rocker panel -22 1/2inches
To top of front wheel well- 43 1/4 inches
To bottom of front bumper- 21 1/2 inches

This measurements are close but not bang on as there was some ice I could not scrap off the ground.
Thank a lot guy.

#4 ·
bottom of rear bumper at center, about 32 1/2

Top of rear wheel well arch, about 50-51"

Rocker where front door meets rear door, about 29 1/4"

top of front wheel well, about, 50"

Bottom of front bumper, about 28"
bottom of front air damn, about 21 1/2"

#5 ·
measurements are not bang on, my tires stick out about 3-4 inches so i got it as close as i could, i was on my driveway which is on an angle, but 90' is 90'

#12 ·
They are pretty simple as they are solid axle. My first 06 gave me no death wobble, this one i battled for a little while to simply find out i had too much toe, and that simple minute adjustment fixed it. They arent as simple to lift as the old leaf sprung trucks, but if you get a good long arm lift, pure performance, carli, thuren, or a good box company like BDS your golden. Im running 6" BDS short arm and 2" spacer, maybe 2.5" inch spacer. I will be making custom long arms this summer though, and even that is pretty simple.

#11 ·
I assume you just bought that pickup. Were you under the impression that it was lifted? I'm thinking it probably has no lift or possibly just a spacer up front. Take a few pictures of the front coil springs and some of the underside of the rear leaf springs where they sit on the axle perches. Also let's get a look at the control arms. It takes zero lift to run 315's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.