Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Led headlight trouble

3K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  HouseApe 
#1 ·
Well I tried the led H13 High/low headlight bulbs in my 06 and with the truck not running everthing works great but whenever you start it the low beams flash 3 or 4 times and shut off and will not turn back on then when you change to high beams everything is fine:confused013: anyone else have this issue

#2 ·
I'm so far behind. LED or HID?

I didn't know we could get decent LED headlights.

#4 ·
Yep...they are pretty nifty too. I want to try some, but with all the trouble dodge has with aftermarket lights I am gun shy.

#3 ·
#5 ·
Searching now, any links? Are we talking multi led's like a hummer brighter than daylight or similar to a light bar? Or just 1 bug 10 watt in the middle?

#8 ·
Or at least list the manufacturer? For your benefit and others?

#11 ·
#12 ·
#14 ·
That picture is NOT an improvement. See how the halogen stock lights focus the light in the before image, while the led kit just throws it everywhere. My guess is that there is a reason they show it against a big white garage door, rather than down a dark road a hundred yards or so....

It's not rocket science here, honestly. The factory housing is designed to reflect the light of a halogen bulb (with a glowing filament). This led produces light (and if there was some real science applied less of it), from ONE side of the "bulb"... These lights are toys, not safe or effective, but good luck.

#15 ·
That picture is NOT an improvement. See how the halogen stock lights focus the light in the before image, while the led kit just throws it everywhere. My guess is that there is a reason they show it against a big white garage door, rather than down a dark road a hundred yards or so....

It's not rocket science here, honestly. The factory housing is designed to reflect the light of a halogen bulb (with a glowing filament). This led produces light (and if there was some real science applied less of it), from ONE side of the "bulb"... These lights are toys, not safe or effective, but good luck.
Not my photo. Don't know if it was low or high. And let's not go down the HID (and LED) in a reflector housing debate. They (Lifetime Led) state that they are DOT compliant. Someone wanted to see these and I have been watching a thread on them so I posted it.

34 page thread on the Wrangler forum about them.

#16 ·
I was the one that wanted to see them because I wanted to see if they had any kind of decent pattern. Sorry to say they appear to pattern worse than a HID conversion bulb.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.