Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Need help, Helping a buddy on his 05

786 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Broaner 
#1 ·
Long story short, a buddy of mine just picked up an early 05 quad cab dually 2wd with a NV5600 with 135k miles from an auction. It's a fairly clean truck, but the more we dig into it, the more stuff we're finding. The truck runs fine, motor sounds great, tranny shifts good. I've got a few questions/problems below.

1. When pressing the clutch ALL the way to the floor, it feels like its dragging something. It does have a brand new slave cylinder on it from dodge (still has the mopar tags on it). With the clutch about an inch away from the floor, everything is fine, but that last inch something is making contact in the tranny. The clutch does engage as it should, doesn't slip, feels good, EXCEPT for that last inch. It pulsates the clutch pedal and makes a very quiet, almost grinding noise. He can shift it just fine without pushing the pedal to the floor, but its bugging him. He's tempted to just put some sort of stop behind the pedal to where it wont go as far. haha. If it was my truck, it'd be fixed right. Any ideas?

2. Wiring harnesses... I know there's wiring diagrams out there, but not sure where to start looking. Can anyone tell me what the wiring harness goes to? Its the gray plug on the right and has 4 wires. Again, the truck runs fine with zero codes.

Here are the wires that goes into it.

See less See more
#2 ·
Lemme look at mine. Does the vin list as a manual?

The pulsation at the bottom of the clutch is the throw out bearing hitting the pressure plate. Adjust it so it cannot hit. Eventually something will fail. Either the pressure plate or T/O arm.

#4 ·
:agree2: on the throwout bearing....they do wear out and go bad...might want to look into replacing it.

#3 ·
Sorry for the late response, but I'm still waiting to hear from him with the vin and if it came with a standard or not.

I'll let him know on the clutch. I appreciate it.

#5 ·
Whoops I mean to add arm in there. Throw out bearing arm could be hitting the plate. But yeah the bearing itself can also start to disengrate as it gets old. I guess it could feel like a pulsation too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.