Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Uconnect update, what is new?

35K views 103 replies 53 participants last post by  502 
#1 ·
What is new with this uconnect update. It updated when I was driving, came up with the button to see what was new WHILE I WAS DRIVING, but would not let my wife the passenger push it because I was driving and I have not seen it since.

I did notice if one of my favorites are playing on the XM radio the blue text in the top left shows up and I can select it. Do not remember seeing that before and is nice.

But what else is new?

#2 ·
What is new with this uconnect update. It updated when I was driving, came up with the button to see what was new WHILE I WAS DRIVING, but would not let my wife the passenger push it because I was driving and I have not seen it since.

I did notice if one of my favorites are playing on the XM radio the blue text in the top left shows up and I can select it. Do not remember seeing that before and is nice.

But what else is new?

What year is your truck? I have a 2015 with the lasted USB installed update and have not seen this over the air update people are talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 ·
I am still waiting. They are releasing by region so it doesn't flood the network. Also for some dumb reason they are not/have not released it on their website to install via USB... Just Over The Air (OTA).

I am waiting on the fix with the time skewing.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Reactions: joshjack
#8 ·
My is a 2015, I do not have an active uconnect so I figured that is why I never saw it. Then it started showing up. Annoying because you have to leave your truck on for 15 minutes till it downloads. It tells you to make sure you are not in a garage. The annoying part is mine always popped up the option when I was shutting down the truck. So Drive an hour to somewhere and it pops the screen in the parking lot. Say no, drive home and it pops the screen in the driveway. So was taking an hour plus trip, so I sat in the driveway a few minutes put it in gear, put it back in park and it showed up. So I said to start it, put it in gear and drove away. Radio played while it was downloaded, but then shut off for the 40 minutes it took to install.

#9 ·
there are 3 different Uconnects radios, which one do you have?
my uconnect 5 shows
Update 1: UCONNECT® 5.0_MY15_RA2C_RJ2C_RG2_PNET_15_12_5__07_03_05
Service Bulletin ID: 08-11-17 & 08-12-17
Release Date: 2015-06-10

but I already put 1 update on it after I bought it in July 2015, so I think I can assume this update is on my radio already

#42 ·
My 16' was updated also a little over 3 weeks ago . The woman's voice change was one of the first things that I noticed on the NAV system

Jim

#11 ·
UConnect 8.4 & 8.4AN Update - 17.11.07

UConnect 8.4 & 8.4AN Update - 17.11.07
There's a new UConnect software being released and it will now be an over-the-air update. See attached.

MODELS:
2013 - 2016 (D2) RAM 3500 Pickup
2013 - 2016 (DD) RAM 3500 Cab Chassis
2013 - 2016 (DF) RAM 3500 10K Cab Chassis
2013 - 2016 (DJ) RAM 2500 Pickup
2013 - 2016 (DS) RAM 1500 Pickup
2014 - 2016 (KL) Jeep Cherokee
2015 - 2016 (LA) Dodge Challenger
2015 - 2016 (LD) Dodge Charger
2015 - 2016 (LX) Chrysler 300
2015 - 2016 (UF) Chrysler 200
2014 - 2016 (WD) Dodge Durango
2014 - 2016 (WK) Jeep Grand Cherokee
2013 - 2016 (ZD) Dodge Viper

The following improvements are included in this update:
· Adds Apple Siri® Eyes Free capability for iPhone® owners.
· Auto Play can now be configured.
· Adds do not disturb text message feature.
· The ability to drag and drop icons into the menu bar.
· Fix for radio locks up/frozen.
· Fix for stuck on black/blank screen.
· Human Machine Interface (HMI) improvements.
· Several navigation improvements.
· Fix for radio loses time.
· Charge Complete notification is not received (RU PHEV only).
· Media devices, Phone pairing and Bluetooth usage improvements.
· Improved tuner performance.
· Enhanced Voice recognition (VR) performance.
· Enhancements in Connectivity Apps (Yelp, Pandora, Aha, etc).

DISCUSSION:
All MY13-16 vehicles sold in the U.S. with the RA3 or RA4 radio can now receive software
updates “over-the-air”. Updates to software level 17.11.07 will occur in a phased roll-out.
The software is updated through the built-in cellular modem in the radio which is
connected to the Sprint® 3G network. Customers will see a notification on their radio
screen when new software is available for their radio (Fig. 1). The owner will have the
option to update the radio or schedule the update for later. There is not an option to
decline the update indefinitely. The update must be performed.

#17 ·
I went from zero issues and now since the update I've had the unit freeze up several times and navigation is worst now.
Great. In the past we could choose to not do updates that were problematic or could roll back to an older version if necessary (which I had to do once). Now it is required to update. I wonder what would happen if you tried to roll it back an older version. Would it allow it? Would it update to the latest version again?

Reactions: sargenthp
#15 ·
I just noticed mine is off too. Says arrived at destination in the cluster but I'm half mile from driveway? I wasn't concerned as it worked perfect before; but now initial boot-up is much slower and this nav issue.

I rarely drive my truck and suspect other things will pop up due to this ota update.

#16 ·
I swapped out my 5.0 to a 8.4 (non navigation). Anyone have any idea if/how a software update will happen. Putting in the vin at the uconnect web site will of course reference the 5.0 which is no longer in the truck.

#21 ·
Dude - scroll up and read the thread. Someone already posted a complete list of affected trucks.

#23 ·
What? Sooooo that's why my number 6-10 favorites are all gone! I thought it was God telling me to stop wasting my time listening to CNBC Bloomberg and FOX Business. I thought he wanted me to listen to more music as 1-5 are still the same.

Reactions: RayK
#25 ·
I need map updates... I've lived in my house over 2 years... my neighbor is close to 3... so my street is at least 3 years old... and my nav has nothing, everything is on Google maps

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

#26 ·
Map updates are separate. You can go to the web site and purchase a update if you don't have the latest. Built in maps will never be able to compete with live online maps. Just can't do a update build that quickly compared to a online data base.

#31 ·
I did a lot of driving over the 4th and still haven't seen the prompt.

#33 ·
My 2016 has not prompted yet, but my wife's 2015 Grand Cherokee prompted us over the weekend. Sadly, dropped it off at the dealership yesterday because it didn't do something right. USB stopped working altogether. Hoping it didn't wipe it clean (but I didn't think to actually check it before dropping the Jeep off).

#36 ·
I would just be happy to get my temps to show like this instead of that stupid slider

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.