Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Stock Horsepower rating-bluebird bus

6K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  motocxer117 
#1 ·
First off, I'm a newbie, however I've owned my bus for almost three years. I still don't know for sure what horsepower rating is. There is no info plate on the timing cover. For whatever reason the rivets are there, but the plate isn't.
I know the gen 1 pickups are rated at 160 hp/400ft.lbs torque, however this is an industrial application, and my parts book for the bus gives three options for engines, 1 is 160 hp, and the other 2 are 180 hp. The bus is a 90' bluebird tc2000. The only thing I have to work with is an engine serial number found on the body information plate- 44402847. Anyone know definetively what the actual ratings are?

#2 ·
Greenleaf would know for sure, but I would guess if it doesn't have an intercooler or aftercooler, it's a 160hp motor. If it has an air to water aftercooler it's a 180hp motor.

#5 ·
you try givin cummins a call and giving them that number? they should be able to tell you. everytime i go in there, they hound me for my numbers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.