Cummins Diesel Forum banner

37" tire with level kit, how much trimming?

21K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  jackvz 
#1 ·
Okay, looking to up size to 37" tires when mine are finally done. Gonna be a 2-1/2" level kit and aftermarket 17x8 wheels with a 0 offset. I know that a positive offset is preferred but already have the wheels. So wondering how much trimming will be required to the inner fender liner and/or fender itself? Probably add pocket flares at this time as well, so not too concerned with the trimming.

Thanks

#3 ·
I would put longer control arms on, and with that offset you will still be trimming metal with the longer arms I'm betting.

#7 ·
#8 ·
With nothing but a leveling kit, I'd stick with a 35" tire.

#9 ·
Plus, unless you do a diff gear swap to at least 4.56 you probably won't be happy with anything 37" and above. Lose power, mileage, and much harder on your drivetrain.

#10 ·
+20 and 35's on my truck stock suspension and no rub. I would think the 37's with a level should be fine, maybe a little trimming of plastic.

#12 ·
i started on 35s no level with very minor rub at full lock. Then I ran 37s with no level and 18x9 -12 offset fuels. did some minor plastic trimming and i did some pinch weld but not much. on a level i would doubt youd need to do any pinch weld. for reference i sit on 38.5s right now with a 20x10 -24 wheel and 2" level. i cut the whole pinch weld out and some plastic and a bit of fender. still looks factory.

#13 ·
I am running 20x9 BMF's with 0 offset. Running Toyo MT 35's I've not had to trim anything and don't rub. I want to move up to 37's next time as well, but not sure if I can pull it off or not. From the above post it sounds like if I trim the pinch weld it might work.

#15 ·
Do any of you that had to trim have the oem fender flares? Would the flares need to be cut to be able to fit 37"? I have a Thuren 3" lift and also have the extended carli control arms. Just wondering if the flares are going to be a pain?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.