Console Vaults w/ CD player? - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 4th Generation 2010 and up 6.7 Liter Cummins > 2013+ General Discussion
2013+ General Discussion General Chit Chat About the 2013 model year differences 6.7L 4th generation Cummins - NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

» Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2014, 10:40 AM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Console Vaults w/ CD player?

Anyone know of a console vault that will work with the remote-mounted CD player? Every one of them I've looked at so far do not fit. I need a safe place to lock up my carry piece when I'm going someplace where it isn't welcome. I've got power seats, so an under seat vault won't work. I'd prefer not to have to put it behind the rear seats - disarming and securing in the back is not the ideal situation.

Thanks!
caedenspa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2014, 10:46 AM   #2 (permalink)

And I'm going to short-circuit this and call myself out as an idiot. I searched, but spelled console wrong so nothing came back. Subsequent search reveals this has been asked!

So, now that I've admitted being an idiot, anyone have any updates to the earlier threads?
Old 02-14-2014, 11:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

I'm thinking about removing the CD player to install one. We never use it and would prefer it wasn't in there. If we go that route I'll post something on the process.

It would be retained to be put back in if needed in the future.
Old 02-14-2014, 12:06 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamGunner View Post
I'm thinking about removing the CD player to install one. We never use it and would prefer it wasn't in there. If we go that route I'll post something on the process.

It would be retained to be put back in if needed in the future.
I don't think you have to. After searching this site, I was directed to consolevault.com. They have one on their website that says it's for the 1500/2500 with CD player. However, the 2500 & 3500 share the same console, so I think they either have an error and it's supposed to say 2500/3500, or the 1500 uses the same console as well. Regardless, supposedly it fits, with the CD player.
Old 02-14-2014, 12:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

If you have the full-floor console then that should work. In our case we have the underseat console. We'd have to pull the CD player out to put in their unit for that version. I suspect we'd have to get the factory piece for that without the CD player too.
Old 02-14-2014, 02:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

I noticed that the other day when looking at the console site.Please post your solution,what ever it is.
I would like a safe too.
Old 03-10-2014, 07:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

Thumbs up

I just installed a Console Vault today, and I am impressed with the design, quality of construction and the overall fit and finish. Very pleased with it.

Nothing needs to be disassembled to install it. There are two self-tapping bolts included that when threaded into the sides of the 'vault' tap themselves into the plastic inside the console sides. This does leave two 3/8" diameter marks/holes, but it is how it's designed to be a quick & simple installation. I figure that *if* I ever sell my RAM, the Console Vault will go with it anyway, as it's a custom fit and wouldn't work in any other vehicle unless it's the same make/model.

I did use a 17/64th drill bit to drill through the plastic (carefully as not to punch through anything else underneath) so the 'self-tapping' bolts would have a better bite and not press on the sides of the console. There are no instructions included in the kit, since it's such a simple installation. I did call their 800 number just to confirm that it was really that easy and I wasn't missing some paperwork.

Here are some pictures of mine installed. It took me about 30 minutes, which included removing the vault after I first installed it to drill the holes where the bolts left their mark in the plastic. If I had to install another one in another RAM, it'd take 5 minutes, 10 maybe including getting the tools to do the job. It's that easy.

I highly recommend this product for those of you desiring an extra level of defense in the event your vehicle is broken into. The Console Vault will definitely prevent (worst case definitely complicate and slow down) someone from getting the items locked inside.
Attached Thumbnails
Console Vaults w/ CD player?-2014-03-10-17.18.14.jpg   Console Vaults w/ CD player?-2014-03-10-17.16.46.jpg  
ramshackle (03-12-2014)
Old 03-10-2014, 07:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

This looks awesome. Super clean installation
Old 03-10-2014, 08:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

What is the part number for that?
lizardking is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2014, 09:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardking View Post
What is the part number for that?
Sorry, I meant to include a link and more info in my previous post.

It's Item # 1047.

Here's the link to their site.

Dodge Ram 1500 - 2500 Full Floor Console: 2013 - 2014
Old 03-10-2014, 09:27 PM   #11 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris KH2PM View Post
I just installed a Console Vault today, and I am impressed with the design, quality of construction and the overall fit and finish. Very pleased with it...Here are some pictures of mine installed.
Very nice looking!

You may consider putting bolt caps on those two bolts to prevent items from possibly getting scratched or gouged.
Old 03-11-2014, 03:31 AM   #12 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

very nice install i will install this in my truck in 2 years when i can start carrying….
diesel_forever is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.