Cummins Diesel Forum banner

EGR delete and dpf and def delete on 2013 Ram

87K views 60 replies 36 participants last post by  BobSagetIsGod? 
#1 ·
I just bought a 2013 Ram and I'm considering doing a EGF,DPF,DEF delete.... is there a manufacturer making these kits yet for the 2013 trucks? What about software to keep the computer happy? Thanks !!

#4 ·
This has been discussed ad-nauseum.....As of now, "this instant", there is NO delete or tune...probably soon will be, but if you want some background, just use your Search feature in upper left hand corner under the red CUMMINS lettering....you will be "caught up" in about a 1/2 hr or so of reading what is known as of today.

#9 ·
And here come the trolls..... It was just a simple question ...don't get your panties knotted up...after all... isn't that what the forum is for ?? Maybe someone had some news your smart didn't know about !!
Don't know who you're alluding to, but don't wear "panties".....and if most follow the 2013 forum, as of late yesterday evening there were STILL no deletes available for the 13's...and it doesn't take a lot of 'smart"? to know that..again, I gave information where OP could get all he wanted to know about it...how was that "trolling?".....

#8 ·
Doggone guys, lighten up...I answered his question and even gave him information on how to find more post on the question he posted...

Doesn't take anymore effort to type in "2013 deletes" in the search box than it would have to have posted another thread on the topic.....:confused013:

Wasn't looking to "start" anything or "troll", but take it however you want, it took more effort to cut on someone by several of you than it would have to have answered his question...like I did and gave him even more information on how to read up on the latest information on his topic.....

#13 ·
I should've just did a search..... my fault. Unfortunately after working a series of 7-12 shifts pipe welding the last thing I felt like doing was staring at a computer screen .....But it's allgood now.... as for my signature. .. I just haven't had time to change it yet. The truck is a '13 3500 4x4 crew cab long bed with the h.o. engine and aisin trans. Nothing special...just my new welding and towing rig.

#14 ·
No big deal, see your sig. now...I understand the 12 hr shifts, I work them now, but with breaks in between, and at 63 years of age, last time I did seven in a row has been about 20 years ago...definitely for younger men...:)....

I read an article just a little while ago in this months Trailer Life about Bully Dog Tuning, "Unlocking the Cummins".

says details, including pricing and emissions legality are available at

www.unlocked.bullydog.com

maybe that'll help you some:)

#16 ·
I've had all the black smoke and noise I care to have in this lifetime, I want clean, quiet & comfortable now, with all the power I need and then some. I finally have a stock truck with more guts than I have.

#22 ·
#20 ·
7 12s is rough. Just got off my 10th 12 (nights) and I don't recognize the burning orb in the sky...
I am with Hognuts...waiting for the delete tuning. I mod everything, my truck will be no different....When I can actually mod it.
As for the trolls...just don't argue with a mod...you get a time out for standing up for your self. The others...just bored know-it-all types that shoot down any idea they didn't think of. That's the norm for any keyboard hero arena.

Reactions: dieselwelder
#23 ·
Diesel welder. Your Sig says 4" straight pipe may I ask how you've done this. I cant find anyone with the softwear to delete the emissions in the exhaust. And as far as I know the 13-14 are the same computers just different suspension

#25 ·
so i dont want to bring this thread back but I thought I would ask because I have been looking very hard at a couple 14s.

with full deletes what would you do with the def tank? is it just going to sit there full? empty? kinda weird seeing there is a gauge that will never move I guess.

can there be power added to these trucks WITHOUT deletes and any repercussions on the emissions system?

I've driven our chase truck which is a 14 longbed with a full service bed on it full of tools and my god is it slow. keep In mind I drive a 04.5 5.9 on level 3 which isn't exactly a race truck but if I can somehow get a new truck that drives similar power wise then I'm in. I don't care so much for the smoke. its fun and funny sometimes to all my friends since we all have diesels but I'm not gonna die without it.

#26 ·
"with full deletes what would you do with the def tank? is it just going to sit there full? empty? kinda weird seeing there is a gauge that will never move I guess."

Nothing has changed. YOU CANNOT DELETE A 2013 OR 2014 CUMMINS POWERED RAM!
Ever feel like you are beating a dead horse?
Don't know how else to say it.....

#31 ·
Well, it's been a few hours since we had a delete post. So, are they here yet? :doh:

Plan on there NEVER being deletes. :S: None of the major manufacturers are going to risk it. The distributors and resellers can/are being targeted, as well.

About your only hope is raceme (not holding my breath, still have to send in ECM?) or some shade tree diesel guru coming up with the right combo of resistors, coat hangers and maybe a turbo encabulator to get a working, RELIABLE 2013+ truck.

Want a loud new Ram? Go with a 6.4 hemi and cut the muffler off. Want a loud diesel Ram, go pre-2013.

Jeff

Oh, one more thing....fuel mileage. Just returned from Memphis, Tn. Trip down I managed 20.1, trip back 19.8. All hand calculated, cruise on 72. Ended trip with around 1900 miles on the odo. The last truck I had that would do that, 2001 cummins 2500, after it passed 100,000 miles. My '06 5.9, g56 drw was next closest at 17.5 a couple of times, if everything was perfect. My '08 and '11 (deleted) still weren't even close.

#32 ·
Well, it's been a few hours since we had a delete post. So, are they here yet? :doh:

Plan on there NEVER being deletes. :S: None of the major manufacturers are going to risk it. The distributors and resellers can/are being targeted, as well.
I don't buy it. Yes the EPA is being a pain, but being that the Rams are currently the only newer model trucks that deletes aren't available for, don't put all the blame on the EPA. Also since you can still purchase deletes for pre-'13 trucks you can't blame the government.

From all the reading I've done on this forum alone about deletes and the way I understand it the hold up is basically a commercially available plug and play system that uses software to override the ECM and it's encryption. Yes you can send your ECM out and have it cracked, but it's expensive, inconvenient and there still hasn't been any software developed to support the delete itself (for the Ram).

For the record, I have no intentions to delete my truck, I don't have the money to fix crap when it breaks, I need my truck for work and morally it's wrong to try and pawn the repairs off on the warranty. That being said I am trying to stay up to date on what's available incase I do find myself capable of financially being able to play.

#33 ·
I have no intentions of deleting mine, even if they were available. The ONLY complaint I have with mine is the random somewhat "numb" go pedal. That can be helped with a plug in module, but I'm going to hold out for a while longer before I go that route.

I just don't think the market is there for deletes like it was on the earlier trucks. Not enough reward for all the risk involved. The only tuner I see a very slim chance of coming out with something is raceme. Edge and h&s were already hit with fines from the EPA back around 2011/2012. Bully dog has no interest in delete tuning. Mads electronics changed the smarty to prevent delete tunes from being loaded. Efi live isn't going to allow any deletes either.

As far as still being able to purchase delete capable programmers for pre-13, or any truck for that matter, I thought all the major players had stopped building new ones and just old stock was being used up. I have read of some rumors of the EPA going after distributors/resellers of "emission tampering devices". No idea of how true that is, though.

Once again risk vs reward...how many "devices" would have to be sold in order to earn enough profit break even after being fined several thousand by the EPA?

Jeff.

#34 ·
I'm fine with no deletes, I was more or less interested in adding more tuning if possible. I see the edge and have read through that whole thread but it hasn't been out long enough for anyone to see any real issues. hence why I asked if anyone believes that tunes will be available that still keep the emissions in tact, keep the truck reliable, and have some solid power added

#40 ·
Yep, I am one of them. Do I like it? No. But let's be realistic. Until the regulations change at the federal level and the EPA backs away from the after-market guys, I just do not see it happening.

Now, assuming regulations change and the EPA goes away to some dark creepy corner for awhile, I think we will see everything wanted in a very short period of time. Do I plan to delete? No, but that is my choice. I am happy with the truck I have and the performance it provides.

#38 ·
^I'm with ya..

Anything that can be locked can be unlocked.

We heard the same stuff when the 6.7 came out, the same story when the newer mopar hemi cars came out (maybe 2012+?) There will one day be a delete tune more widely available..

Reactions: BOOOST
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.