Cummins Diesel Forum banner

EGR delete and dpf and def delete on 2013 Ram

87K views 60 replies 36 participants last post by  BobSagetIsGod? 
#1 ·
I just bought a 2013 Ram and I'm considering doing a EGF,DPF,DEF delete.... is there a manufacturer making these kits yet for the 2013 trucks? What about software to keep the computer happy? Thanks !!

#41 ·
I sent our friend an email this morning about it and this was his response;

Hello Jonathan

The tuner will come, but we got several problems what we have not all eliminated until now.
So I can't give you a release date but only assure you it will come.

Thank you for asking
Franz

#43 ·
Who is "our friend" and what company? :confused013:

#47 ·
Yes raceme I thought most on here knew who Franz was. Back in December he said he expected a race tuner - for our offroad trucks - to hit the market Q1 of this year. Even though that didn't happen I think today's response sounded positive - I'd like to believe the glass is half-full instead of the other way around.

#48 ·
Aren't there deletes for the 13/14 GM and Ford? Please correct me if I am wrong. So why wouldn't they come out for our trucks eventually. It's not like the EPA is only targeting Chrysler. For me, deletes can't come fast enough. I plan to keep my truck for a very long time and do not want to take a big hit to the wallet when all this emissions crap starts failing.

2014 3500 Bighorn/ LB/ DRW
68RFE/ 4.10

Reactions: rayp4993
#52 ·
Aren't there deletes for the 13/14 GM and Ford? Please correct me if I am wrong. So why wouldn't they come out for our trucks eventually. It's not like the EPA is only targeting Chrysler.

68RFE/ 4.10
My understanding is because ram went to an all new ECM in 13 that is locked down pretty good vs the ECM in ford and chevy which is a carryover from 12 therefore the tuners for 12 will work on their 13+ model years. With the fed cracking down on tuners at the end of 12 it was just bad timing for ram to change out the ECM.

#50 ·
I emailed Race Me yesterday and this was their reply word for word

Hello, Jon

We are in the last stages but have to eliminate the last glitches the tuner has, so I cant give a release date. It can be one month or several. But the tuner will come!!!

#56 ·
thanks, so just read the link you posted, and from what i gather, i can run the bully dog gt tuner to unlock the ecm, then flash with efi live.

after it has been flashed with efi live, i can then delete the dpf, egr and def? it appears so, but just want to be certain.

is the flo pro exhausts the only way to get a straight through exhaust?

which would be better on a tow rig, 4" or 5"?

im probably not removing the stock turbo, the exhaust brake function is too useful.

thanks guys. btw what is the d word? delete?

#58 ·
Right about the trolls! Just because this thread is one of the first ones we have come across doesn't mean we haven't looked elsewhere and didn't find the information we were looking for. I am looking to do the some thing to my 2014 3500 so if you figure anything out, let me know. I have been watching the RaceMe Ultra that is supposed to be coming out soon but I like the versatility of EFI live if it will let me shut off all the crap associated with the emissions garbage. I don't want to blow clouds of out my exhaust just want to let the motor breath and not have to worry about a plugged DPF and would also like to bump the power up a bit. Used to have a DMax with an Edge juice with attitude chip and I loved it. EFI live sounds even better but sounds like it may not allow a person to override the stock emissions equipment. Message me if you find a solution.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.