2014 MEGA CAB new rear suspension - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum

2013+ General Discussion General Chit Chat About the 2013 model year differences 6.7L 4th generation Cummins - NO ADVERTISING

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-24-2013, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fan
 
jam1on1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 66
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
2014 MEGA CAB new rear suspension

does anyone know when rear air suspension might be able to order ,went to order new truck tonight but htis option didnt come up when ordering .. price for diesel went up 200 dollars and base price went up also hope to order new truck soon did a second look on allpars web site is maybe the rear air ride standard on the 3500


2014 megacab 2500 longhorn ,2013 t/c van, 2014 bighorn fifth wheel 2011 dodge charger rt

Last edited by jam1on1; 07-24-2013 at 08:26 PM.
jam1on1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-24-2013, 09:09 PM
Cummins Fanatic
 
eucsstamticc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 179
Thanks: 46
Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
rear air ride is suppose to be standard on all 2500hd & 3500hd models. However there are some members on here stating that it will only come later in the 2014MY. I have a 2014 2500 Mega Cab Laramie Limited 4x4 Diesel ordered.. I will let you know when i get it.. I'm thinking that is why the price increase of about $3k from base price
eucsstamticc is offline  
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-25-2013, 06:55 AM
Newbie
 
netshadoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ottawa, ON Canada
Posts: 17
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by eucsstamticc View Post
rear air ride is suppose to be standard on all 2500hd & 3500hd models. However there are some members on here stating that it will only come later in the 2014MY. I have a 2014 2500 Mega Cab Laramie Limited 4x4 Diesel ordered.. I will let you know when i get it.. I'm thinking that is why the price increase of about $3k from base price
I think the air ride suspension is optional on 2500HD, standard only on 3500HD, and I also heard it's coming out later in 2014MY.

2014 Ram Heavy Duty: projections and predictions
netshadoe is offline  
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-25-2013, 11:05 AM Thread Starter
Cummins Fan
 
jam1on1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 66
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
a friend inside chrysler told me in feb it would be out .. so i guess no 14 for now

2014 megacab 2500 longhorn ,2013 t/c van, 2014 bighorn fifth wheel 2011 dodge charger rt
jam1on1 is offline  
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-25-2013, 02:42 PM
Diesel Freak
 
phobos512's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Lexington Park, MD, USA
Posts: 603
Thanks: 7
Thanked 121 Times in 82 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by netshadoe View Post
I think the air ride suspension is optional on 2500HD, standard only on 3500HD, and I also heard it's coming out later in 2014MY.

2014 Ram Heavy Duty: projections and predictions
Optional on BOTH. And no reason to link some rumors site - it's in a Chrysler press release...

http://www.media.chrysler.com/newsre...d=14487&mid=69

The 2500 goes to a full air suspension (coils replaced with airbags, similar to current full Kelderman setup) and the 3500 goes to in-coil helper airbags.
phobos512 is offline  
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-25-2013, 04:37 PM
Newbie
 
netshadoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ottawa, ON Canada
Posts: 17
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by phobos512 View Post
Optional on BOTH. And no reason to link some rumors site - it's in a Chrysler press release...

http://www.media.chrysler.com/newsre...d=14487&mid=69

The 2500 goes to a full air suspension (coils replaced with airbags, similar to current full Kelderman setup) and the 3500 goes to in-coil helper airbags.
There you go...I've been told and even edumacated!


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
netshadoe is offline  
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-25-2013, 04:58 PM
Cummins Fanatic
 
eucsstamticc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 179
Thanks: 46
Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by phobos512 View Post
Optional on BOTH. And no reason to link some rumors site - it's in a Chrysler press release...

http://www.media.chrysler.com/newsre...d=14487&mid=69

The 2500 goes to a full air suspension (coils replaced with airbags, similar to current full Kelderman setup) and the 3500 goes to in-coil helper airbags.
I already ordered my 2014 2500 MegaCab Laramie Limited Diesel. There was no option available to click on for the air suspension. There was a $3,000 base price increase though, maybe your contact at Chrysler can tell you why that was?
eucsstamticc is offline  
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-25-2013, 05:53 PM
Diesel Freak
 
phobos512's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Lexington Park, MD, USA
Posts: 603
Thanks: 7
Thanked 121 Times in 82 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by eucsstamticc View Post
I already ordered my 2014 2500 MegaCab Laramie Limited Diesel. There was no option available to click on for the air suspension. There was a $3,000 base price increase though, maybe your contact at Chrysler can tell you why that was?
It's been stated repeatedly that the air suspension is a late availability option - that's why it wouldn't have been there.
phobos512 is offline  
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-25-2013, 06:01 PM
Cummins Fanatic
 
eucsstamticc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 179
Thanks: 46
Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by phobos512 View Post
It's been stated repeatedly that the air suspension is a late availability option - that's why it wouldn't have been there.
Yeah I understand that. I was simply hammering your point home that it is also not on the dealer screens either.

My question however, was if you know why there is a base price increase of $3000 for the 2014MY.
eucsstamticc is offline  
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-25-2013, 06:23 PM
Cummins Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 291
Thanks: 44
Thanked 63 Times in 49 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Maybe the new 3 link front end and the new rear suspension. I really don't know. Just guessing.
Engineer3 is offline  
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-25-2013, 06:40 PM
Cummins Fanatic
 
eucsstamticc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 179
Thanks: 46
Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engineer3 View Post
Maybe the new 3 link front end and the new rear suspension. I really don't know. Just guessing.
i'm only curious because as soon as i get my MY14 i'm going to level it and throw some 35s under it...
eucsstamticc is offline  
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-25-2013, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fan
 
jam1on1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 66
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
i looked at my invoice the 3500 mega longhorn only went up 300 dollars

2014 megacab 2500 longhorn ,2013 t/c van, 2014 bighorn fifth wheel 2011 dodge charger rt
jam1on1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome