Cummins Diesel Forum banner

The Official "What Did You Do To Your Truck Today" Thread!

3M views 17K replies 1K participants last post by  Loki223 
#1 ·
This is the place to post up on your latest addition, modification, expense, or project on your truck! It can be anything from adding a tiny window sticker, to installing jet engines in the bed. It doesn't matter! The idea is to have a place to show off what you're doing and pick up ideas/ask questions of others. Pictures aren't required, but are always nice. If you do a full-blown how-to or modification worthy of it's own thread, plug the link here!

I'll start. Today I removed the manufacturers emblem from my grille guard and added a Cummins emblem. Total investment: $5 from Geno's. Total time: 10 minutes.

See less See more
Reactions: Johnwaynejrla
#2 ·
I want to see the jet engines in the bed lol. Come on guys post pics of that mod :sofa1::popcorn:

Btw your truck looks good. I like the "c" :thumbsup:

Reactions: Countryboync77
#3 ·
Got mine 2 weeks ago. Went back to the dealer and had them upgrade the factory headunit for navigation. It was "Nav ready" on the lot and as part of the sales deal, I told them I wanted it "Nav available". Should get it back tomorrow.

I have more plans for her so I will be adding to this thread later.

#8,734 ·
Got mine 2 weeks ago. Went back to the dealer and had them upgrade the factory headunit for navigation. It was "Nav ready" on the lot and as part of the sales deal, I told them I wanted it "Nav available". Should get it back tomorrow.

I have more plans for her so I will be adding to this thread later.

Did they make you pay for NAV? I know on Uconnect.com you can get NAV for $595 and just pop in the activation code. I want NAV but I don't want to pay that crazy fee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 · (Edited)
Just finished the cabin air filter mod, as detailed here:

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/2010-2012-general-discussion/331580-cabin-filter-mod-video.html

It's pretty straight forward. I bought the kit from Geno's for $26:

'10-'13 Dodge Ram Cabin Air Filter Kit-Geno's Garage

I must have missed in the directions/tutorial where it covers the "unbelievably sharp metal bracket under the dash that will slice your thumb open like a surgeon's blade". After removing the single screw in the upper glove box, you push it out from behind. When mine finally popped loose, my thumb dutifully slid right along this bracket. After a little first aid, I finished the job. Took about 30 minutes or so. Oh, it's also easier to cut out the plastic piece if you unplug the HVAC connector and tuck it out of the way:

#7 ·
After a little first aid, I finished the job. Took about 30 minutes or so.
Was the 30 minutes for the first aid......or the cabin air filter mod ???? :S:

#6 ·
#9 ·
Maybe it's the picture angle...but is that grill guard centered?

#10 ·
Felt bad watching the wife and kids. "Climb" into the truck it's just stock height but the wife is short and kids are young. So i thought id help them out.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#15 ·
Ordered a Pure Performance 2.5" Max Travel Lift, some 35" Toyo Open Country MT tires and 20" RBP 94R black machined wheels. Don't know how long I will be at work still, so don't know exactly when I will be putting everything on, but I know it will be waiting for me :drool2:

#17 ·
I admit it, I did a "grocery-getter" mod. :S:

On occasion I take my wife's car on a business trip so she's left with the truck. One of here complaints was having things slide to the front of the bed. I had this bungee net lying around, so I installed some hooks on my tool boxes to hang it from. Comes out in seconds and the hooks can be removed without much fuss if they are in my way.

I know, not very manly, but I've gotta keep the wife happy.:whip:

#18 ·
Another thing i did to mine was add a backup camera. With a rear view mirror / GPS.

#20 ·
Nice hitch. I went with the rapid hitch. Wish my 12' would have come with a class V hitch. No problems with class iv so far.

#22 ·
I removed my intake silencer today, can not hear the turbo hardly at all on this truck but maybe I should wait until I have more than 98 miles on it.

#24 ·
Mine "fell off" at about 100 miles too. You can really hear it in a tunnel or next to a concrete barrier with the windows down, same with the exhaust brake; pretty cool whooshing sound:thumbsup:

Reactions: Brummo
#28 ·
Don't set your hopes high for how loud it'll be. It sounds a little better than with it in, so I've left it out so far. I have wondered if the baffle being removed would have any impact on fuel economy since there was an old thread where someone claimed the intake baffle also "smoothed" the airflow through the intake...:confused013:

#37 ·
Props to Kevpoppapump!

I borrowed Kevpoppapump's brilliant solution :thumbsup: for the capless fuel filler as seen here: http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/6398805-post27.html

Investment = $3. Total time = 5 minutes.

Procured the Fernco 1.5" Qwik Cap from Home Depot for $3:

Trimmed as recommended (I took a little more off after this picture):

Don't mind the dust, but here is the end result (strangely enough, it looks just like Kev's:hehe:):

Once again, all credit goes to Kevpoppapump!

#48 ·
First days of modding...

Hopefully more to come.

#1 Was putting the Regulator stick in place! We bought the truck to tow the boat so that had to be first!

#2 We de-badged the tailgate. I would love to do the doors as well but way to much work!!

#3 Put the xpel front end paint protection kit on.

#4 Did the winshield and front doors in 60% wincos tint.

#49 ·
My latest editions, debadged the tail gate, devinyled the doors, window tint to match the rear windows and a Rhino Liner. Got the truck somewhat clean to take a picture and a sob bird does a drive by and leaves his droppings on the side, I swear I heard him laughing as he flew away!