5th wheel and Gooseneck prep? - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 4th Generation 2010 and up 6.7 Liter Cummins > 2013+ General Discussion
2013+ General Discussion General Chit Chat About the 2013 model year differences 6.7L 4th generation Cummins - NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2013, 12:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
5th wheel and Gooseneck prep?

Does anybody know if this option package comes with the standard tail gate? Saw a U-tube video and it showed a cut down tail gate when showing this package on the truck. Want to make sure I get the standard tail gate. I will need to change my order. Ram need to get there web site up and running. Thanks
nitromax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2013, 01:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
Dae
Diesel Head

The brochure I have doesn't mention anything about the cutout tail gate.

"13MY Ram 3500 offers a fifth wheel / gooseneck prep option. It includes a factory-installed rear structural cross member and five holes in the bed for fifth wheel (four outer holes) and gooseneck (center hole) hitches. Plastic covers for the holes are provided. Also comes equipped with an additional 7-pin connector mounted inside the box."
Dae is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dae For This Useful Post:
JAXCUMMINS (04-08-2013), TRAVLN2 (05-21-2013)
Old 03-18-2013, 01:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Thanked 3,393 Times in 2,172 Posts
That tailgate in the video was a one off deal. That is not part of the package. If you look in this section for the video walkaround of the 2013 Ram that truck has the goosneck package and the standard tailgate
2013 Ram 3500 Dually CTD 6.7/Aisin/4:10 LSD
Previous Rams:
90 CC Dually, 94 RC LB, 95 CC SB, 98 QC Dually, 00 QC Dually, 01 QC Off Road, 03 QC Dually, 05 QC Dually, 08 QC Dually, 10 CC Dually
Ram3500Dually is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Ram3500Dually For This Useful Post:
whitenite (04-08-2013)
Old 03-18-2013, 06:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

Thanks Guys! Just need to make sure I don't get that funky tail gate. I will leave my order as is.
nitromax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2013, 05:24 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dae View Post
The brochure I have doesn't mention anything about the cutout tail gate.

"13MY Ram 3500 offers a fifth wheel / gooseneck prep option. It includes a factory-installed rear structural cross member and five holes in the bed for fifth wheel (four outer holes) and gooseneck (center hole) hitches. Plastic covers for the holes are provided. Also comes equipped with an additional 7-pin connector mounted inside the box."
Is there a configuration or layout dimensions of the holes used in the short-bed? Anything that describes exact locations measured from the rear of the truck bed?
mmcbride56 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2013, 01:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

Does anyone know what hitch for sure will fit the new bed pucks ? Have heard they are going to be different spacing than the ford OEM hitch puck spacing ?

Called curt hitch tech line and they said they are not making a hitch right now for the fifth wheel option.

If I make the trade to a 13 3500 I will have to have a fifth wheel hitch fast- don't have time to wait 5-6 months for company to design a hitch for this option
sledpuller6.7 (04-06-2013)
Old 04-07-2013, 07:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

You will need to order the adapter kit for the fifth wheel prep package. Here are some of the details I received from my dealer. My kit is on order with an arrival date of 25 April. Here is the part number needed to adapt a common fifth wheel hitch to the truck with prep pkg.

Hitches will require an above bed fifth wheel installation kit (Part #: 82213667). It consists of a bracket to adapt from common fifth wheel hitches to production mounting points on the truck and includes the captured quarter turn tie-downs that mate to the under bed mounting brackets. It is a rectangular tube steel frame with multiple mounting points for commonly available fifth wheel hitches with 22” rail spacing. The purpose is to allow the customer to adapt a fifth wheel hitch that they already own to the factory installed fifth wheel / gooseneck prep kit.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ynotturbo For This Useful Post:
JAXCUMMINS (04-08-2013), TRAVLN2 (05-21-2013)
Old 04-07-2013, 08:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

How much does this adapter kit run ? Any links or pics of this adapter- can't find any info on a general search.

Last edited by jsdan; 04-08-2013 at 12:32 AM.
jsdan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2013, 01:31 AM   #9 (permalink)

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynotturbo View Post
You will need to order the adapter kit for the fifth wheel prep package. Here are some of the details I received from my dealer. My kit is on order with an arrival date of 25 April. Here is the part number needed to adapt a common fifth wheel hitch to the truck with prep pkg.

Hitches will require an above bed fifth wheel installation kit (Part #: 82213667). It consists of a bracket to adapt from common fifth wheel hitches to production mounting points on the truck and includes the captured quarter turn tie-downs that mate to the under bed mounting brackets. It is a rectangular tube steel frame with multiple mounting points for commonly available fifth wheel hitches with 22 rail spacing. The purpose is to allow the customer to adapt a fifth wheel hitch that they already own to the factory installed fifth wheel / gooseneck prep kit.

So, given that this is to allow one to "adapt" an existing hitch to the NEW truck, what, on the other hand, is SUPPOSE to fit the PREP package seeing as Dodge is not providing a "factory" hitch assembly complete, like Ford offers!

I would like to know what hitch Dodge recommends as a "stock" for those of us that do not already own a hitch? Seems fitment for the new Dodge Ram with factory prep package does not appear to be on the radar for the most common hitch manufacturer's. I have tried PullRite and Curt, all to no avail.

Surely Dodge RAM had to use someone's spec to fit the hole spacing and alignment???
If at all possible, I would like to order the PullRite SuperGlide 3600 for the short-bed (6'4'' & Mega-Cab). I have contacted PullRite and they have not evaluated fitment for the 2013 RAM trucks yet and will not say if the current SuperRails will work. Because of that issue alone, I may have to go with ordering the Crew-Cab and 8' long-bed and hope that the Reese Elite 25K will fit the hole spacing without the adapter rails mentioned above!

Last edited by mmcbride56; 04-08-2013 at 01:34 AM.
mmcbride56 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2013, 08:26 AM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcbride56 View Post

So, given that this is to allow one to "adapt" an existing hitch to the NEW truck, what, on the other hand, is SUPPOSE to fit the PREP package seeing as Dodge is not providing a "factory" hitch assembly complete, like Ford offers!

I would like to know what hitch Dodge recommends as a "stock" for those of us that do not already own a hitch? Seems fitment for the new Dodge Ram with factory prep package does not appear to be on the radar for the most common hitch manufacturer's. I have tried PullRite and Curt, all to no avail.

Surely Dodge RAM had to use someone's spec to fit the hole spacing and alignment???
If at all possible, I would like to order the PullRite SuperGlide 3600 for the short-bed (6'4'' & Mega-Cab). I have contacted PullRite and they have not evaluated fitment for the 2013 RAM trucks yet and will not say if the current SuperRails will work. Because of that issue alone, I may have to go with ordering the Crew-Cab and 8' long-bed and hope that the Reese Elite 25K will fit the hole spacing without the adapter rails mentioned above!
it's not Dodge Ram... it's just Ram
JAXCUMMINS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2013, 11:11 AM   #11 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

For goosenecks, do we have simply a Ram ball to drop into place w the hitch package?
blackbrush is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2013, 08:38 PM   #12 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

This is what the dealer sent me.
20,000 Fifth Wheel (Part #: 82213822)
MSRP = $700
Note: Requires MOPAR roller ($200 MSRP) or fixed legs ($175 MSRP)
FIFTH WHEEL / GOOSENECK PREP OPTION
Both of these hitches will require an above bed fifth wheel installation kit (Part #: 82213667). It consists of a bracket to adapt from common fifth wheel hitches to production mounting points on the truck and includes the captured quarter turn tie-downs that mate to the under bed mounting brackets. It is a rectangular tube steel frame with multiple mounting points for commonly available fifth wheel hitches with 22” rail spacing. The purpose is to allow the customer to adapt a fifth wheel hitch that they already own to the factory installed fifth wheel / gooseneck prep kit.
MSRP = $575
25,000 Fifth Wheel w/ Fixed Legs (Part #: 82213821)
MSRP = $1,125
The Following User Says Thank You to Ynotturbo For This Useful Post:
jack0351 (05-06-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.