Would you delete? - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
2013+ General Discussion General Chit Chat About the 2013 model year differences 6.7L 4th generation Cummins - NO ADVERTISING - Sponsored by: StarLite Diesel

View Poll Results: Would you Delete?
Of course! Fully delete right away! 19 22.89%
Nope. I rather keep it stock. I don't like the idea 32 38.55%
Rather spend the money elsewhere 15 18.07%
Already deleted 17 20.48%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

90Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 08:16 AM Thread Starter
Cummins Nut

Garage
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Would you delete?

Just wondering where everyone stands..

Here are the rules to consider:

- You have $3000 cash money
- No recalls on emissions equipment
- Never had issues with emissions on your truck
- Your state does not inspect/emissions test

Would you delete or just leave your truck the way it was?

Just trying to get Thursday started strong!

"Silver Tuna"
2014 RAM 2500 6.7 - Crew Cab - 4x4 - Short Box
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 08:25 AM
Diesel Head

I would but I don't have the extra cash laying around to fix it if something happened
ADCole and dedduck like this.
post #3 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 08:44 AM

Nope. I have bit my tongue more than a few times on this subject but I will throw this out there just FYI. Emissions rules are Federal laws, not state laws. So even if your state has no emissions laws it is still illegal to remove the equipment as it is a Federal law. So unless your truck will not be registered on the street (off road only) then the law says you can't remove it. Most states don't have a method of checking emissions equipment so it is easy to get away with. I believe the penalty for removal for a private individual is 5k and 25k for repair shops. It's your choice but since you asked you may as well have the info nobody is posting here. I will likely get flamed a bit for this and that is fine. You can for your own research if you want. Just my .02.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
RayK likes this.

post #4 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 08:50 AM Thread Starter
Cummins Nut

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jschneib View Post
Nope. I have bit my tongue more than a few times on this subject but I will throw this out there just FYI. Emissions rules are Federal laws, not state laws. So even if your state has no emissions laws it is still illegal to remove the equipment as it is a Federal law. So unless your truck will not be registered on the street (off road only) then the law says you can't remove it. Most states don't have a method of checking emissions equipment so it is easy to get away with. I believe the penalty for removal for a private individual is 5k and 25k for repair shops. It's your choice but since you asked you may as well have the info nobody is posting here. I will likely get flamed a bit for this and that is fine. You can for your own research if you want. Just my .02.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
I agree. When righting this post I mention your state not testing for it, not saying it was legal. So either way you would know the consequences for deleting if it ever came up.

However, if it was 100% legal in the state that you live in, you would still have to think about doing it since you will likely travel out of your home state eventually.

But, this reminds me of the pot dispensaries in lets say, Colorado. State law - legal, Federal Law - illegal. Can't take the pot out of state and if you do you know the consequences. (definitely more fines and jail for the pot example )

BTW this is quite the first post by you! lol

"Silver Tuna"
post #5 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 08:52 AM Thread Starter
Cummins Nut

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Kodi View Post
I would but I don't have the extra cash laying around to fix it if something happened
unless you're under warranty, do you have the cash to fix the emissions equipment if it clogs or fails? Not saying I disagree just playing both sides of the coin here...

"Silver Tuna"
post #6 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 09:07 AM

Here is another thing to think of, when trading in my truck I had to sign paperwork that the truck emissions were all in place and the truck was never tuned. Granted the truck was still under factory 100,000 mile power train warranty so that may be why I had to sign that, to make sure it was still covered.

If you are out of warranty, my friends say they open up when everything is removed, but I would rather keep the warranty.
RayK and dedduck like this.

2017 Ram 3500 Mega Cab
post #7 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 09:13 AM
Diesel Head

Thanked 3,664 Times in 2,388 Posts
I just don't understand deleting a 2013+ truck. Makes no sense to me.

The 2013+ trucks have way fewer EGR cycles, way fewer regens and run much more efficiently than the 2007.5 - 2012 trucks without SCR (def) systems.

@gsbrockman has gone over 253,000 miles with his 2014 stock truck. There are others too. People need to stop over-thinking things and "making it better" just because they read it on the interweb...

Emissions intact tuning -- SURE -- If that's what you want. More power, more fun, more drive-ability.

Deleting for deleting sake on a 2013+ truck just to "get that bad EGR / SCR stuff off my truck" is not a good idea, IMHO.

Also -- In this "Diesel Emissions Tampering" sensitive climate, it is asking for trouble. And what are you going to do with the truck on the back end when you need to sell / trade? A bunch of the same people who like to mod also like to upgrade. Then you have a "Frankenstein" 2013+ truck you have to either restore to stock or find someone to take the mess off your hands.

SIDE NOTE: For a multitude of reasons, deleting a 2007.5 - 2012 truck is another story. I would (did on my 2010) do it in a heartbeat.

-Guzzler
gsbrockman, RayK, ptisceo and 2 others like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If someone is nice enough to post a truck-related pic,
I'm more than happy to click a "Like or Thanks."

Last edited by 67guzzler; 06-15-2017 at 09:50 AM.
post #8 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 09:23 AM
Diesel Head

Thanked 1,454 Times in 954 Posts
This is going to be one epic battle. It was starting to get a little boring around here.

I say delete.

'14 3.6 grocery getter
'14 6.7 S465 tuned by HPP
'17 6.7 tuned by HPP
post #9 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 09:27 AM Thread Starter
Cummins Nut

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick00less View Post
This is going to be one epic battle. It was starting to get a little boring around here.

I say delete.
I like to kick it up a notch from time to time
nick00less likes this.

"Silver Tuna"
post #10 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 09:30 AM
Renaissance Redneck BCVP

I voted for spending the money elsewhere, as I'm not in either of the other camps. My truck is stock in the drivetrain department but once I'm out of warranty I will make the call if/when a problem arises. My decision will be 100% financial. If it's significantly cheaper to fix a problem one way or the other, that's what I'll do. I have no problem with the emissions equipment being on my truck, but if it's $5k to repair and $3k to delete, well, I think some crap is going to fall off my truck.
Foster6565 and dedduck like this.

2014 3500 SXT 4x4 68RFE, Thurens, 5100s, 295/70-18 Cooper ST Maxxxxxs, Wet Okoles, Dog hair mod.
Quote:BobSagetIsGod?
The only way I'd do a 26x16 is with a 12 inch wide tire and a Carolina squat. I'd be swimming in kitty.
post #11 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 09:45 AM
Diesel Head

Thanked 3,710 Times in 2,734 Posts
Without research I deleted my 16 . I'm Happy with it . But most likely wasn't needed ..

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
dedduck likes this.

2016 4x4 3500 Laramie CCLB LOST MY EXHAUST SO I HAVE AN 18 INCH RESONATOR AND EGRDELETE.. ALSO HAVE EFILIVE BY PPEI
3.42 rear ,68 trans TUNED BY PPEI
post #12 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 09:54 AM
Diesel Head

Don't plan on keeping it past that point.
dedduck likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode