My first RAM. My first diesel. - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
2013+ General Discussion General Chit Chat About the 2013 model year differences 6.7L 4th generation Cummins - NO ADVERTISING - Sponsored by: StarLite Diesel

22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 11:49 PM Thread Starter

Garage
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Talking My first RAM. My first diesel.

Bought my wife a travel trailer that was supposed to be half-ton towable. 2007 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L just wasn't enough truck for it. So after taking it on one camping trip, where the 1/2 ton Chevy didn't pull it well...

...a couple weeks later my wife said, "Honey, let's go look at diesel trucks," I replied "Do we have to?" (Yeah, right! ).

So now we're the proud owners of a new 2017 RAM 2500 Cummins 6.7L Crew Cab long bed Tradesman with almost all the options you can get on the Tradesman trim level.

Pulled the 2017 Wilderness 2475BHS travel trailer like it wasn't there - almost never had to touch the brakes with the the diesel exhaust.

2017 RAM 2500 Cummins 6.7L Diesel Crew Cab Longbed Tradesman Snow Chief, white, stock, brand
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
new.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
That's what I get for buyin' the wife a travel trailer...
The Following User Says Thank You to OlorinTharkun For This Useful Post:
Gunny Fitz (05-17-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 12:01 AM

Awesome welcome to the Cummins community and great choice!
The Following User Says Thank You to Mopar440! For This Useful Post:
OlorinTharkun (05-17-2017)
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 12:01 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Once I get a high enough post count to be allowed the privilege of posting photos, I'll add a photo of the "wimpy, wimpy, wimpy" truck and the new travel trailer. And then the real important part - the new truck!

2017 RAM 2500 Cummins 6.7L Diesel Crew Cab Longbed Tradesman Snow Chief, white, stock, brand
new.

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 12:02 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Guess I have to spam my own thread to be able to view links and images...

new.
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 12:04 AM

Very NICE, thats a kewl story. Glad you got a nice Ram. Be sure to HUG your wife more now LOL. We love our 6.7L mega cab.

2012 Mega Cab 4x4 Longhorn Laramie Limited, 68RFE, 4" Rancho, 34" tires, stock 6.7L
2001 Quad Cab 2wd 5.9L w/Built 47RE 1200 stall
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 12:08 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Yeah, I'm still at the point of thanking her every day for the truck. Just turned over a whopping 600 miles on the truck today! It hadn't even been test driven when we bought it - just delivered and hiding in the dealer's back lot with a whole 17 miles on it.

My wife's an Alaska girl - she had a 1998 Dodge extended cab (not diesel) when we met in 2001. She was thrilled to get back in a Dodge and especially a Cummins diesel.

[IMG][/IMG]

new.
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 12:11 AM
Diesel Head

Congrats on the new rig and welcome to CF.

2012 Ram 2500 Laramie CCLB 6.7,4x4, Fully Deleted, BD Air Horn, EFI Live w/ Trans Tune, AFE DFS780 Lift Pump, Injen Evo CAI, Riding 35x12.50's on 20's, SnugTop,Amsoil Bypass Filter & Oil, RetroShop FXR Projectors w/ HID's, Morimoto LED Fog's, Back Seat Fold Down Hack. Titan 60 Gal Mid-Ship Tank.
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 12:12 AM Thread Starter

Garage
SGT-RAM likes this.

new.
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 12:14 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Me goofin about gettin' a great new truck:

My wife chillin by the new rig:
daMonk, Andy2500 and eafarriss like this.

new.
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 12:16 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks for the warm welcomes! Shout out to my friend Anthoney for helping me choose a good truck.

new.
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 12:18 AM

Thats a bad Mamma Jamma!!!!! Glad you posted pics.
OlorinTharkun likes this.

2012 Mega Cab 4x4 Longhorn Laramie Limited, 68RFE, 4" Rancho, 34" tires, stock 6.7L
2001 Quad Cab 2wd 5.9L w/Built 47RE 1200 stall
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 12:20 AM
Diesel Head

"Bought my wife a travel trailer that was supposed to be half-ton towable. 2007 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L just wasn't enough truck for it"

Guess the travel trailer sales person negated to mention it was towable downhill only !

Now you can buy your wife a larger travel trailer ! LOL

2012 Ram 2500 Laramie CCLB 6.7,4x4, Fully Deleted, BD Air Horn, EFI Live w/ Trans Tune, AFE DFS780 Lift Pump, Injen Evo CAI, Riding 35x12.50's on 20's, SnugTop,Amsoil Bypass Filter & Oil, RetroShop FXR Projectors w/ HID's, Morimoto LED Fog's, Back Seat Fold Down Hack. Titan 60 Gal Mid-Ship Tank.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode