Cummins Diesel Forum banner

New truck pricing?

9K views 82 replies 33 participants last post by  Minnow101 
#1 ·
Ok guys so the local dealer to me has lots of 2016 inventory left. They are discounting them pretty good already and if I can get the right deal I'd be all over getting a new one. What do you think would be a respectable amount to pay for a mcsb or ccsb Laramie that's brand new but almost 2 years old? They're pricing them at 53-54 right now. Anyone think I could get them to 48-49? And if so when do you think the best time to buy would be?

#32 ·
Sorry didn't look at that! Check those on cargurus and you can see how long they've been on the lot for negotiations

#36 · (Edited)
#37 ·
X2! If it was 13 years ago I would meet you there an ex girlfriends mom worked there and use to help! But since Lambdin bought I'm not thrilled the place either!

#39 ·
I've called and went in person. Either way, they made me feel like they were doing me a favor to sell me a truck.

Online, their "list" prices are 2k over the window sticker. I don't dig that. That's crap.

For example: 2016 RAM 2500 SLT Crew Cab 4x4 4WD Crew Cab 169" Outdoorsman

They say the "DSRP" is $60,130. WHAT THE HELL IS DSRP? Then they show a selling price of: $46,736 and a discount of $13,394.

The Window Sticker: $58,235. https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=3C6UR5JL4GG357854

So the "discount" is really $11,499. And that's IF they'll REALLY sell you the truck at $46,736 and there aren't dealer fees and other crap.

I don't play that. Just be careful and don't be attached to anything they sell before you see the numbers.

-Guzzler

#40 ·
^ That also assumes you qualify for every single factory rebate, or atleast that was my experience when quoted a price from several places

and I specifically stated which rebates I qualified for and to not include those in their price quote. I was only interested in their price and I already knew window sticker since I asked about the exact same truck everyplace I asked

One place quoted me a super low "unbelievable" price on something close, only to find out later it was a hail damaged vehicle with 700 miles on it..... Um- that is no longer a new vehicle to me

#41 ·
For me -- Don't lie about the the MSRP by calling it a DSRP and then make up a fake discount.

As soon as I see that crap -- you lost me.

To your point (and it's a good one), @2017-3500, I'm not even as far as what the "discount" consists of -- rebates that in total, no single person can qualify for ALL of them.

You lost me on the initial deception. I'm too pissed by the initial lie to get upset about the rebate lie.

Plus -- Like I said -- I went there in person, drove their lot and then went inside. I'm not surprised they have thirteen (13) 2016 trucks left. They weren't easy to deal with and made me feel like they didn't want to sell me a truck.

-Guzzler

#46 ·
How did it go? Hopefully your friend helped pave the way for a viable option for you...

-Guzzler

#45 ·
I have seen a fully loaded laramie longhorn with aisin for 58k. On a side not I would go to different dealer cause if a dealer wants your business they will work with you. I just worked out a deal on a 2017 longhorn for factory invoice minus 3% hold back, and then the rebates. Dealers even if they sell the truck for 0 profit they make out in other ways. A dealer that won't show you invoice or giving fake numbers is only trying to milk you. I had one dealer I asked for lower price and he said we are a non negotiable dealers so i said ok thank you for your time. Later he emailed me saying he found some other deals for me, blah blah.

#49 ·
Negative results fellas. Wouldn't come below 51k on one and 53 on the other. So like 500 bucks. Not a hair more. I threw everything at him about it being 2 years old and as soon as I drive it off the lot I'm out 2 years depreciation instead of 1 and that it's been on the lot for over a year and that it's been at 51-53 for over 4 months and still hasn't sold. So then he says we are thinking about moving it to the used lot since it's 2 years old. I was kinda like I hope you do then I can work with the used car salesman and get it for 48k anyway. My buddy that's the fleet manager was gone today so I'll go back over tomorrow and talk to him to see what he can get for me.

#54 ·
Walk away, let them stew, contact your friend and work the deal. Put the price out the door at 52,499 all taxes fees etc included and finance through USAA but don't tell them this until after you sign/agree to the price you want. They are losing money each month on this truck, holdback is gone, its an albatross around their neck. When you do the price out the door like that they can't screw with the numbers. They got to make it work or lose the deal. You gonna pay around 3K on taxes and around 1500 on tag fees title dealer fees. Find out all these fees etc from your friend ahead of time so you go to the gun fight with ammo in yours.

#56 ·
Im actually gonna register it in Oklahoma so the tax is only 3 percent so like 1500 bucks. But I was gonna pay that out of pocket anyway. So with dealer fees I guess I could do 51 with everything including tt&l maybe they'll go for that.

#57 ·
I wouldn't budge an inch. Like you said above -- you don't need a new truck. And if you budge an inch, when you get into the finance office, you'll find they took the other 11 inches...

-Guzzler

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.